First chapter outline

First chapter outline

A Story by Celia
"

This is suppose to be the first, or one part of the first chapter for my story. It's just an outline so it isn't that "filled". I focused on getting the important things that i wanted to tell down.

"

(Yes, the text is very messy but please don't focus on that too much.)


Bedtime the night before. Maya’s mother tucks her into bed stroking her lovingly on the cheeks. Maya’s father suddenly comes back from work. You could hear the door open and close from Maya’s room.

“Emma, Maya?”

Emma turns to Maya “Oh well look who’s back early today. We are up here dear.” She shouts down.

Fredrick runs up the stairs and stops for a second outside the room, looks inside and a relieved smile grows on his face.

“Hi there sweetie.” He walks up the bed with heavy feet. “I’m gonna borrow your mom for a bit” He kisses her on the forehead.

“Ok.” Maya nods.

“Did you forget to take of your shoes?” Emma asks teasingly. He chuckles slightly and leads her out. “What’s wrong? You look a bit stressed.” He lets out a heavy exhale.

Then quickly closes Maya’s bedroom door that was still a bit open. Maya can’t hear what they are saying anymore. Curious, she gets out of bed and gently and silently opens the door. She sticks her head out to listen.

“What?!”

She hears her mother say, trying to not be too loud. Maya sneaks further out and sits down on the first stair step. She listens intently.

“Should we leave? We should, it isn’t safe here” Her voice shaking.

“We can’t. B-but don’t worry. I have people stationed right outside. It’s safer for us here, I promise.”

Emma sighs and walks restlessly around the room. “Alright, fine. I guess, I hope you are right.” she sighs again. “I’m going to bed.”

 Maya runs on her tippy toes back to her room and carefully closes the door. She could hear her mother walk up the stairs, then stops. “

Don’t stay up too late.”

Maya hides under her duvet as Emma opens the door. “Maya?” She walks up to the bed. “I know that you are not asleep. You are never that fast.” Maya pulls the duvet down and peeks out.

“Do you want to come and sleep in mommy and daddy’s bed tonight?” She grabs Maya and give her a squeeze.

“Mom, it hurts!”

“Too bad, I felt cuddly tonight.” She lifts Maya up “I’m kidnapping you to my dungeon my little princess.” She laughs menacingly

“Can we watch TV?”

“Eh no. But I can read to you from the book I’m reading.”

“What? No, it’s so boring” She tries to wiggle herself free from her mother’s grip. “It wouldn’t be a dungeon if it was fun.” She laughs menacingly “Besides I’m at the part where it’s starting to pick up.”

She skips into to their room with Maya tightly in her arms. Fredrick joins them eventually. That night Maya slept safely and warm between her parents.

She wakes up alone.

© 2017 Celia


Author's Note

Celia
Any comments on the; Dialogs, relationships, the feeling of the scene?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on January 15, 2017
Last Updated on January 15, 2017
Tags: outline

Author

Celia
Celia

Sjøvegan , Salangen, Norway



About
Novice writer that's still fixing up on skills more..