Micro fiction #1: Home

Micro fiction #1: Home

A Story by Cata Faerman

It was a broiling day. Even I was mildly suffocated.

There was the little girl whose farm I had grown fond of. She surprised me by escaping the claws of her controlling mother. Off she went, the little girl, to explore that land, rightfully hers, and somehow foreign to her.

She walked, and walked, determined to find out where those roads led to. I was high in the sky when she started her voyage, the highest I could possibly be. She picked flowers from the side of the dusty road, and sang songs I had heard so many times in so many different languages.

Now I was getting closer to the horizon. I glowed a pinkish-orange light, and her braided hair glowed a dim gold. She was still on the path, but now her house was a dot in the distance. She must have noticed that too, for her usually joyful expression turned into one of despair. Her mom had warned her not to go to where the cows sleep.

I don’t know what happened to her exactly, for I lost sight of her soon after. Moon told me she had been found sleeping among sheep, but I doubt she could’ve fallen asleep with that stench in the air. Apparently, her mother and a rescue team of thirty-five cousins had found her.

Even though the girl would always feel the urge to leave, her mom made sure she knew she would always have a safe place to return to.

© 2015 Cata Faerman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
Added on January 30, 2015
Last Updated on January 30, 2015

Author

Cata Faerman
Cata Faerman

Palo Alto, CA



Writing
Ashes Ashes

A Poem by Cata Faerman