A Strong Word

A Strong Word

A Poem by Blackbird
"

Caw!

"

I live in a house with myself repeated.


We all live together, our quantum lives buzzing, waiting for the ones who will look at us and see something worthwhile.

They are like me, but I am their offspring.

I am like them.

I live in a house with myself, where I am really someone else.

I hate them.

I hate them for being me in the ways I’m not and all the ways I am.

I hate myself.

And they are like me.

Different in the ways that don't matter and too similar to be comfortable.

We are fakes in the face of company.

Though maybe that’s when we choose to finally be real with each other.

We are only a family when you are over.

I had a friend who was like me.

The hours I spent despising him melted the instant we embraced.

He left and I still think about him.

We are alike too, as I discovered in the letter he left.

I hate him.

I love him. 

I love him so much that I’ve wanted to punch his face in until he couldn’t see through the blood. I still do sometimes. 

I love him in the way that I would like to watch everyone he loves spit at his feet and curse his name. No one has. 

I love him to a painful death. 

He’s like me, and I want to hurt myself in ways that I don’t want to heal.

Does he hate himself too?

Does he dream of jumping for the last time?

Flying like a bird?

Singing a song in the dive towards the earth that never made us feel alive till we made a choice?

I hope not.

I hope so.

If I’m alone, I will never get better.

If I’m not, then someone else is not okay.


I won’t listen, but please don’t stop talking to me.

© 2023 Blackbird


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This guy seems like a real piece of work!

Posted 4 Months Ago


A strong word indeed Blackbird. I'd say this was oh so intriguing, relatable in a sense of lost darkness. The comparison from you to others, and then you to your self is absolutly brilliant. A great first read. Continue writing what you know, because you my friend seem to know oh so much.

Bravo...MW

Posted 6 Months Ago


An interesting write. You don’t like him do you? Whoever he is, he certainly brings out the dark in you. I hope you can look on him in a more positive light. I can see this as a person dealing with their own complex character. That must be difficult to deal with.

Chris

Posted 6 Months Ago


Excellently complex in writing and topic. There's an element of relatability with despising the ways you are different and the same from people. A slice of life written with emotion and intrigue. Brilliant.

Posted 6 Months Ago


Hellos, Blackbird, I see in the poem,
you really don't like him, at all.
He makes you hate, and resent,
so many aghast feelings, bitterness,
loneliness, think of loneliness, and then see how the world would be, just a say for say, :P love it, ----Maynard

Posted 6 Months Ago


Violently seductive. I hope you get to punch him in the face over and over and over again. What an interesting read. Great write.

With love,

Matthew

Posted 6 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 1, 2023
Last Updated on December 6, 2023
Tags: poem

Author

Blackbird
Blackbird

Canada



About
They say to write what you know, so I guess I won't be saying all that much. more..

Writing
She and I She and I

A Poem by Blackbird



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..