Ice Breaker

Ice Breaker

A Story by Chandini Hemdev
"

Me, my life, and I

"

Something written, that feels incomplete, a life that began 18 years ago, on Jan 9th 1995! It was a new beginning, to a summoned life and a first door experience for a mere child! The anticipation to light up the house with another princess, a 9 year long wait had now ended! Not one but two gorgeous little twins waiting to see the world in all its beauty, to experience a life with all its mysteries! A happy occasion yet a sad one, the happiness to welcome one, while the sadness to lose the other, hope lost to one,  faith restored by the other. It hurt my parents, but they never showed it, they always pampered me and loved me as they would love us both! I grew older and the regret faded, being unaware of what trauma I had caused when I was born, I led a normal life! In spite of causing a lot of problems to my parents by falling sick often, all they did was just love me and pamper me even more. My sister was more like my second mother; she took care of me, and loved me! Played with me to fill a role of a friend and fought with me like any other sister! She never let me feel bad about any of my mistakes, covered for me and protected me like a brother! Finally it was time; I entered school, to see a whole new side of the world, getting out of the shell my parents kept me in, and facing the raw world! Baldwin Girl’s High School, not just my school, my 2nd home, my Alma Mater, the place that has nurtured me, taught me not only academically but showed me valuable lessons for life! 12 years, wow that was a lot, to experience happiness, make attachments, some success and a few failures too, friends being the jest of school life, made life funny, tough, happy and hard at the same time, but all in all an experience that would be cherished and missed! Before I knew it was time to leave, time to see that little toddler, grow into a beautiful young lady, someone so well nurtured ready to take on the big new world that lay ahead of her! My friends and I were like strangers in the beginning of our journey, but we crossed all hurdles, lived through the sunshine, danced in the rain and were ready to stand again at the beginning of another end with each other to propose a toast to yet another beginning! It was now time to bid adieu to my beloved institution and take on a new life in a new place with new people around! It took time to adjust to a new atmosphere, so much time that, I barely knew what I did in my 2 years! Bishop Cotton Girl’s School, was where I was doing my I.S.C, trying to make new friends, although failing miserably, life is not always a bed of roses, or maybe I just forgot that roses had thorns too! Staying with people having a ball, and then suddenly made to leave it all! Life spins her wheel through the dark cloud of sadness to finally make us reach happiness! I.S.C another phase of life was now dealt with, maybe it didn’t go as I expected it to be, but it sure did leave me with a lot of experience and maturity! Amist all the madness, I lost someone very close to my heart, my Aunt who was my mentor, my guide, my inspiration and someone I loved a lot! But life had to move on; we had to get ready and be prepared to face all that the world had in store for us! Knowing that I’ve left the worst behind, I was now ready to enter the most important phase of my life! I was 18, it was now time to enter college, and the struggle for admissions went on for a good two months, losing my appetite, my summer run, my precious sleep and my holiday fun! It all soon ended when I got lucky to be able to study in one of Bangalore’s top College CMS- Jain College! College life was a big step, because for the first time was I not only entering a college but also a co-ed institution! My parents always liked keeping me in a closed shell, protected and safeguarded from all the cruelty of the world! It was now time to roll a fresh start to a new life, with a whole change of the usual people and atmosphere that I had been used to! Its barely been a month, but it already seems so familiar, the people, the teachers, everything is new yet beautiful, fun and party being the true definition of college life, CMS justifies it all! The three years that are yet to come, are most awaited for, a lot of hope, expectations and duties at the same time, waiting to be fulfilled! Having being able to keep me away from all the wrong influences, stay by me when I missed my sister after her wedding and hold me, and stand up against anyone who blamed me, I owe every bit of my yesterday, today and tomorrow to my parents! Times have changed and so have people, situations have been good and bad, but to have the right few friends and perfect family to help you learn and grow in life is all that we ever need! Adapting to situations has always made me a happy Chandni! I’d like to end by quoting a line from a poem ‘We never let go, we never will; holding on to see the fate of her will!’

© 2014 Chandini Hemdev


Author's Note

Chandini Hemdev
My first toastmaster speech

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on November 8, 2014
Last Updated on November 8, 2014

Author

Chandini Hemdev
Chandini Hemdev

Bangalore, India



About
Chandini Hemdev is a graduate of Media studies from CMS, Jain University, and has been voicing her feelings in poetry for over 4 years. She hosted a poetry recital and launched her first book of poems.. more..

Writing
Fear Fear

A Story by Chandini Hemdev