Prompt 1- I lost it all

Prompt 1- I lost it all

A Story by CrimsonShinigami
"

The rain may have stopped on that day but the rain never stopped falling in my heart

"

I heard the rain tapping on my window for days now. It was already way past midnight so the lights on the streets were starting to lost their flare. The light on my street was already flickering ready to die out. I waited for it to turn dim as I was watching the light to go out I saw a figure just staring up at me. I head started to hurt while my ears ring as I continued to stare at the little kid. I knew that face somewhere just where and when did I see the kid. I glanced at my desk with my family’s photo. The first and last picture we ever took as a happy family. I looked out the window again and then to the picture. “That is me.” I let those words slip out and then the kid walked to the door and began knocking. I ran to the door and opened it as fast as I could. The kid just stared at me with those eyes. The eyes of an innocent child and that was something I feared the most.

                “Don’t look at me.” I screamed at the kid.

                “Why? I always have this look on me. I cannot change that and I’m you from the past so what is wrong with this.” The kid said curiously

                “Everything is wrong. You being here is wrong, you are me 10 years ago so why are you here now.” I backed up until I fell to the ground. The kid walked inside the house.

                “Hey, how come you are at Uncle Sam and Auntie Wendy’s house? Where is mom and dad?” The kid walked around the house seeing all the changes in the last 10 years. “Mom and dad are dead.” I choked on those words as the kid looked at the photos Aunt and Uncle put up. Saying my parents’ names was like acid rolling up onto my tongue. When the kid heard this I watched the kid turn around and ran towards me. The kid wrapped its small fragile arms around me and kept saying sorry. I couldn’t help but laugh at this desperate attempt to comfort me. I pushed the kid off and got up from the ground and glared at the little kid looking at me all confused. “I’m glad they are dead.” The kid looked at me still confused and said.

                “No, you aren’t. You think you are but deep inside there is me in your once warm heart crying.” I flinched at the kid’s words. “You’re wrong. You don’t know what happened in the past 10 years. You grow to hate them. Having thoughts of how they would try to notice you. Once mom and dad have another kid you are out of the picture. You live in the shed just in the backyard. No more decent clothes for you to wear no more warm food for you to keep yourself from freezing in the winter or rain. All you hear from them are the words disappointment in every single line they say as you try to win their affection back.”

“Mom and Dad aren’t like that. They like me, we even went outside the city to view the fall leaves in the national park. It was one of the very many good days where mom and dad weren’t fighting.”

“Argue all you want but remember this once that new life is in your life you are forever a bystander.”

“The rain never stopped falling on your heart even now didn’t it? It fell on that day as well but when it stopped you no longer had a home to return to.”

“You don’t know anything. It will take you 10 years to adjust to the gossips and the title family killer. They would look at you with disgust and fear. Uncle and Auntie would only keep you for the money mom and dad have saved up.”

“I think things will be different soon.” I laughed at the very thought people would just accept me for who I am.   I grabbed the kid by the collar of the shirt and looked at the kid straight in the eyes. “Don’t tell me that things would be so different so soon. You don’t even know what it feels like to be alone waiting for someone to take your hand and help you. Go back to where you came from you little freak.” After I had said that to the kid I threw the kid back down to the floor making the thump so loud I could almost hear the sniffles of the kid. I turn my back on the little kid and the kid ran right in front of me and had those little arm trying to stop me from going anywhere.

“Move, kid, I don’t have time for you.” I pushed the kid aside but the kid just grabbed onto my hand and just stuck there for it’s dear life. “Everything will be alright. I just know it I was told to tell you that not everything you see and hear is the truth.”

“I don’t want to listen to you anymore I am almost finished packing my stuff to move out of this house. I’ll be going to Paris to Study Abroad and no one there will ever recognize me.”

“No you have to stay just a couple of days you’ll see.”

“I’m tired of listening to you now scram and get back to your own time.”

“You have to stay. *sniffle* Something good will happen and when that does the rain in your heart will no longer be there.”

“I’ll believe it when I see it.” The kid let go of my hand and ran off I closed the door then proceeded to my room. I went to my room and just stared at the photo of my late parents from before my kid brother was born. Having so much anger in me I just took the photo and just smashed it against the ground.

“Since that’s finished I guess I could finish packing and just go to bed.”

When I woke up I could hear the laughter of my uncle and aunt with their kids from downstairs. I waited 5 minutes before descending down the stairs. That's when the whole room goes quiet when they see me and just resumed to eat their breakfast quietly. I leave the room and I could hear the whispers about me so soon. I grabbed my bag and left the house as fast as I could. Something better is going to happen what a laugh well at least I know now that I can't trust no one not anymore.

© 2016 CrimsonShinigami


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on February 4, 2016
Last Updated on February 4, 2016

Author

CrimsonShinigami
CrimsonShinigami

Edmonton, Canada



About
I like writing poems and stories but I never had the chance to show others they may not be as good as others but I tried my best. I enjoy reading books that have a good story plot. I hate quiet room.. more..

Writing