Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Missing the Puzzle

Missing the Puzzle

A Story by ChaoticlyYours
"

A result of another failed attempt to allow someone into my world has produced such beautiful and painful works from within my soul to spill into words hardly spoken from my own mouth.

"
I seem to be, as humans usually are, inept to witness the joys of togetherness and harmony. It seems to be that the Gods refuse to let my other half soar with me into a world full of danger and pain. Thus I am here to walk alone, my bare feet unbandaged and bloodied from the sharp rocks of failure are the only things pulling me forward. The pain, the sensory overload taking hold of my body and twitching it into a direction, any direction, of pain and minimal hope. The inferno that was the passion of my soul burns blue with a placid, dull flame that flickers weakly in my chest. The golden precious lifeblood of my love burns as it courses through my body and damages my organs, no longer pumping life but stinging my body into a numb submission. Yet I keep walking, here, there, anywhere with the promise of a dawn creeping into my lackluster brown eyes. I see the horizon off in a distance but as I walk closer it seems to move further into the distance. Can you hear me cry? Can you see my tears? Do you know my real name? I ponder to you as you listen to my thoughts, you see this horizon turns into a world I can scarcely live in. I feel weak as I trudge on trying to figure out these simple questions as they pass through my idle mind while my body lives on. I think I understand my weeping face and can say what my true name is, the name that gives me strength and power to continue on. What is it? Ah, Hope.  I know now why I'm in this hell. I give Hope to those who need me, I can tell you your true name and give you the strength to pull through. Will you take my hand and walk aimlessly with me? No matter what I will always love you with every bit of blood stinging my body, I will always care with every bit of my burning soul, I will always be here as my blood spills and my eyes cloud over. Yet, I fall. It hurts so much to fall on my face, no longer looking into the sun but to the cool dirt below me. I can smell the delicious earth that has caught my fall, I am too weak to stand and yet you walk over me to take my place. Take my burning blood, my placid eyes, my smoldering soul and my bloody souls. Walk with my ghost as the rest of us do. Yes, more of us walk beside you though you do not see us, we have given in. We will help you to walk into the horizon, aimlessly, we see the sun, we live in it as light beings as little angels protecting those who seek that horizon. Let me walk with you into the horizon though you forsaken me in my lively state let me ghost you into a new era of life. Carry on dear love, carry on little life, carry on where I could not and give me the strength of my one true name to be reborn and live again, walking to the ever moving horizon. Give me, Hope.

© 2013 ChaoticlyYours


Author's Note

ChaoticlyYours
Ignore the grammar problems as I'm not very good at that anyway

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on April 17, 2013
Last Updated on April 17, 2013
Tags: loneliness, hope, depression, short story

Author

ChaoticlyYours
ChaoticlyYours

Maine, ME



About
I use to write a lot when I was a kid, I'd come up with story ideas when I awoke in the middle of the night and then scribble down ideas in a notebook beside my pillow. The next day I'd go to school a.. more..

Writing