The Kiss Of Death

The Kiss Of Death

A Story by Charles Mel Stewart
"

A story about a man who loses his lover to an unknown illness and how she leaves him with a broken heart.

"

I had never felt love like this before, and that love was about to be taken away from me. And just like that she diminished bit by bit and in a second she was gone. Her eyes looked up at an entity that wasn’t there; probably an angel that was invisible to the alive and human eye. Her hair still sat beautifully across her forehead and oh how her eyes still glimmered like a vast clear ocean. Her eyes still seemed alive and then as everyone began to leave this scene of sadness and death, she looked at me and smiled. This had to be my imagination or maybe this grief and guilt that I was feeling had gotten to my head. She had the strength to pick up her hand and place it upon my cold and trembling heart; even in death her hands were still as gentle and smooth as a newborns flesh. “I miss you Jessica” I said thinking that she would be able to hear me and understand but she just nodded and began to collapse back into her former state. She could understand with her eyes, when I spoke those words her eyes said “I miss you too.”

For the funeral she was put in a glass coffin, wearing a slim, silk white dress that fell at the shoulder. Her hair was neatly pinned up with pins and a white, flowery ribbon that wrapped decoratively around her neck. Her lips wore pale, pink lipstick that made it seem as though her lips had been kissed by a garden of Azalea's. I crouched down on one knee so that i could see her for one last time, she was paler then before and her dressed wrapped her body so tightly that i could see her naked figure. I didn't mind, I had seen her naked figure in life and nothing had been more precious. "Jessica talk to me," i said with tears running down my lifeless face. As if she could actually talk to me, but she didn't speak a word; the priests lowered the casket. "Goodbye my angel," i whispered as I walked away; i burrowed my hands deep inside of my pockets. "You've broken my heart." 

© 2016 Charles Mel Stewart


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That is Sad but very well written ,

Posted 8 Years Ago


Charles Mel Stewart

8 Years Ago

thank you love

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 23, 2016
Last Updated on January 23, 2016
Tags: #Death, #love, #loss