Unseen

Unseen

A Story by ChasingTheDark
"

A guy sees the love of his life, but does nothing about it. Never realizing he was the one.

"
I work at a retail store, like most teenagers do. Just a small part-time job while finishing up high school, it isn't much but it's a job. There was literally nothing special about it, for months it was just a dead end job that passed the time, but hey, I had money. The only thing that made the days enjoyable however, was a boy who would come in. 
He couldn't be any older than me, but he looked amazing. He struck at me at first just being really attractive, and of course who doesn't love some eye candy? But he kept coming back every few days, it began to be a regular thing, seeing him. He would occasionally catch me staring at him, and I would attempt to play it off like I was zoned out or day dreaming, looking through him not at him. I'm pretty sure he knew I was watching him though, he would always smile or laugh a little when he saw me, not saying much and probably never thinking about me.
I had rung him up a few times and made idle chit chat to the best of my ability. I was always too nervous to actually say anything like "Can I have your number?" or maybe "I love you!".... But I figured I would work my way up to talking more to him. I have to say I fell in love rather quickly, even with how little I talked to him. I knew the first time I saw him even, he was perfection; his laugh, smile, everything. I knew it in my heart that I loved him.
But soon he stopped showing up... I waited for weeks, months for him to come back. I kept telling myself he would return one day, he had to, and of course I told myself if I saw him again to ask him out. I stayed at that job longer than I like to admit, simply waiting on him... 
Years passed by, and I moved on with my life. I never did find anyone to spend my life with though, and everyday I wake up with his memory in my head, practically torturing me. And I fall asleep every night, regretting that I never even tried with him.
Life went on for the both of us, he was always in the back of my mind causing pain. Everyday I would remember what I lost, what could've of been. It occurred to me far too late, fate can't be changed. Your destiny is just that, and you can't stray from that path, it is the path you are meant to take and ultimately will take. And on our paths, we were destined to touch, to fall in love, and never meet again. 
I never did find out what happened to that boy whom I am still deeply in love with to this day. I never knew that he stopped coming because he moved away. He never knew that I was incredibly in love him, but I was just too shy to say anything. And I never knew that the boy who barely noticed me, rarely smiled back was actually in love with me too...

© 2017 ChasingTheDark


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on March 23, 2016
Last Updated on May 23, 2017
Tags: sad, gay, romance, life

Author

ChasingTheDark
ChasingTheDark

TX



About
22, Gay Male, Loves writing, video games, nature, etc... Lonely. Send me a message if you wanna talk. :) Please review/rate/comment on my writing! Anything is welcome. more..

Writing