Sweetest Downfall

Sweetest Downfall

A Poem by Chayenne Son
"

This is how love affects our life.

"

SWEETEST DOWNFALL

I knock at your door, You open it without question.

I make you feel at home. Or so you believe I do it all.

You are happy to have met me, I make things beautiful for you to see.

You know you won’t get wrong, As long as I’ll be with you all along.

I am everywhere, anywhere. As long as you believe, I was there.

You can find me in a grocery store, You can find me in your school.

I am everywhere, anywhere. Sitting on a bench or clad in a sweater.

As long as you have faith, I exist. But my real place is Paris.

I was there when Mom made breakfast. Sulking in a corner when Dad gave you a glance.

I was there when your best friend called you a*****e after lending you his homework.

When your crush smiled at you, I was standing in the nook.

You know I was there sitting in a corner. You like the feeling when I’m there.

I gave you face-splitting grin. I make you believe there’s always a rainbow after the rain.

You believe in me so much that you let me take away your virginity.

You trusted me that you can commit infidelity.

I was the culprit why mother's sacrifice. Why your friends vowed never to be torn apart.

But at times you don’t see me. Even though I’m waving at you already.

I don’t know if you just pretend. Ignoring all the message I send.

You don’t see me when your dad scold you. When beat and shout is all he do.

I was grinning right in front of you, when your best friend teases and hug you out of the blue.

Some can live without getting me involved. Some can’t last a day without me to hold.

Some like me. Some are scared. Some some just give a smoldering stare.

If you look deeper, you’ll find me true. I give you life and all derring-do.

You take the chance when I’m genuine. You know, with me, you’ll always win.

But behold my dear, for I am often fake. You think I’m true for your own sake.

Some just use me to deceive you. If they want a thing or two.

My power is undeniably immense. So enormous, you can’t put in a word.

Once you let me take control, I’ll leave a dent, a mar, a black hole.

I have the power to make or break you. To change the world if you let me so.

When I am true, everything goes well. When I am fake, it’s the hardest thing you could deal.

I can push you in a 50-story building. I can tie your neck with a fatal sling.

Slash your wrist and cut your veins. Make you laugh and cry til you’re insane.

If I interfere, I destroy friendship. If I’m gone, there’s a chaos in a relationship.

I often come with a warning, but you take me in, without questioning.

There are times that you pushed me away. Afraid of what I can do to your day.

Darling, if you want, you can close all doors. But you can’t stop me, there’s always a window.

At times I occur in one blink of the eye. Oftentimes, finding me takes a lifetime.

You know that I bring not only gaiety but also misery, yet you let me pull the wool over your eyes.

Be guided, I’m not everything you need. I don’t last forever, my existence is uncertain.

Don’t do things in my name, for when you’re sober, you’ll regret the day I came.

I apologize for all those sleepless nights. For all the push and pull fights.

You are not my mentor nor my guide. My master is the Goddess, Aphrodite.


© 2017 Chayenne Son


Author's Note

Chayenne Son
Please bear with the bad rhyming. What do you think of my thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on January 3, 2017
Last Updated on January 3, 2017
Tags: love, sweetest downfall, chayenne

Author

Chayenne Son
Chayenne Son

BAcolod City, Visayas, Philippines



About
I am 23 years old. A graduate of Business Economics with the passion in writing. I dream to be a full-time writer someday. more..

Writing