I Believe in the LORD

I Believe in the LORD

A Story by Matthew Spurr
"

This is my "This I Believe" Essay that I wrote in my Sophomore year Essay Writing class. It is the entire concept of believing in the lord compiled into a small essay. Enjoy!

"

   I Believe in the LORD

            I believe in the LORD. The LORD watches over all of us with his wisdom. He cares about everyone, but only answers to the prayers of those who actually believe in him. He never leaves anyone, even those of non-Christian faith. In Deuteronomy 31:6, it is revealed that the LORD is always with us by stating “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6). The LORD does not condemn those who do not believe, but does give signs to those who do. In Mark 16:17, it is stated, “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;” (Mark 16:17). Also, Luke 8:50 carries similar weight, revealing Jesus in conversation saying “But when Jesus heard it, he answered him, saying, ‘Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole’” (Luke 8:50). Jesus and his disciples encourage all to believe in the LORD, and the LORD rewards all who believe. This is especially true in Hebrews 11:6 of the New Living Translation into modern English, saying, “And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.” (Hebrews 11:6, NLT).

I myself believe in the LORD for several reasons. I initially believed in the LORD from birth simply due to the fact that I was told he exists by my family elders. This was good enough for me for, as I was a very young age. As I became older, and more and more science was drilled into my brain, I began to break away from the belief that the LORD exists. This resulted in emotional hopelessness for a time. Especially considering that my few and far between prayers of that period in my life were not answered, as I did not have a strong enough belief. As I began to mentally mature, I desperately but slowly began to readopt the idea of the LORDS existence. I began seeing the gifts brought upon us by the LORD. I realized that there were things that science still could not explain, but faith easily could. The LORD has given me many signs, and I fully believe in his existence. I thoroughly enjoy going to church and worshiping our great LORD and all he offers. This I believe.

© 2012 Matthew Spurr


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on July 31, 2012
Last Updated on July 31, 2012
Tags: LORD, GOD, JESUS, Believe, Bible

Author

Matthew Spurr
Matthew Spurr

Pelham, NH



About
I'm a young writer from Pelham, NH. I work many jobs. I am a Content Writer at the website ConsoleMonster, a General Writer at CheatMasters, an Editor at DarkZero, the Editor-in-Chief at GamerSector, .. more..