Immortal

Immortal

A Story by Erin
"

A flash fiction piece inspired by the prompt "He doesn't value life the way we do."

"

He’s not like us. He doesn’t value life the way we do. Why would he? Life is full of suffering and deceit, with every single person dying at the end of it. Of course, he wouldn’t value life the way we do. To us life is short and precious, to him it is endless and repetitive. History is repeated every day in his eyes, with humanity making the same foolish mistakes under the name of a non-corporeal figure. It is hard for us to see our constant mistakes when we only live the once. But for him, oh, he lives all of them. He says it is his punishment, his eternal damnation on Earth. Life is ever changing in our eyes with twists, turns and surprises. Such things cannot be true when you have seen them over and over again. How can you value life and its intricacies when you do not want your own? How can you value life when it is the very thing that keeps you caged? How can you value life when it always leaves you with tear stained cheeks and a broken heart? 

© 2017 Erin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on August 28, 2017
Last Updated on August 30, 2017
Tags: flash fiction, fiction, immortal, story, writing

Author

Erin
Erin

Australia



About
Just a young writer with nothing to lose by being here. I write everything from poetry to long novels and everything in between. more..

Writing
A Girls Name A Girls Name

A Story by Erin