My Shooting Star

My Shooting Star

A Story by Chemi Angel

And you sprang forth from my hands, leaving them blackened and charred as you burned your way towards the heavens. I called out after you in pain of loss and love but to you climbed steadily through the atmosphere leaving my world and my voice behind. I watched with tears brimming up in my stinging eyes as your brilliance retreated farther away into the wide dark sky. And as you pushed on, determined to take your burning love with you to other lands, the light drained from my world. I was left alone on a spot of cold desolate ground on an earth that could no longer hold beauty for me without your radiance. My beautiful personal sunshine that once held me all a glow now fled to cross the recesses of space and time; a wandering star. You searched for love among the heavens finding many more wondrous delights than that of me and my heart which you hastily left behind. You did not even send one fleeting gaze backwards or for one moment regret leaving me anchored to my cold winter world. But I continued to gaze after you longing for more than the show of your scintillating light in the distance.

 

I wasted my days tracking your progress through the sky. Seconds, minutes, and hours, ticked uncounted and unnoticed by me. Soon it was days, weeks, and months that slid by and I took no care to notice any of them either. None brought me any of the warmth that I needed to survive. Only watching your white hot energy flash vividly from across our ever widening distance ever did anything to bring a small bit of happiness to my existence. Other stars came round to my world casting their flickering lights across my surface. On and off again I was bathed in their adoring glows and they tried all fruitless in their attempts to rekindle the spark that it was evident had once been so strong. But none of their flashy endeavors could ever burn so hot with the intensity of the love you had once given me before your exodus to the great big black. And so I stay, my continued love for you leaving my heart chained to the spot where you left me burned and alone. My eyes, long dry and devoid of anymore tears to shed despite the pain that still wounds me every day, stay locked on your distant oscillations.

 

I see you out there, up beyond my limited reach, effulgent in your dazzling show. A wonder crosses my mind without fail every day and I hope that in the future, maybe even sometime soon, your blazing trail in the heavens will cross the path of my empty world. Your resplendent light will touch this world bleak, barren, and alien to you, yet somehow strangely familiar. Out of curiosity and love for adventure you will draw the luster of yourself closer to the long dying ground. Your luminous glow will alight upon a rooted figure that brings about a sense of déjà vu. That light and warmth will brighten my ashen ever upturned face and breathe life back into a dying body. Perhaps you will once again see the beauty that you always ignite in my features. Maybe even be drawn in by the gravity of my heart that will still be beating out its call for you. Perhaps my shooting star will finally return home and be my sun giving light to my world once again.

© 2010 Chemi Angel


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on April 1, 2010
Last Updated on April 1, 2010

Author

Chemi Angel
Chemi Angel

Moreno Valley, CA



Writing
Scene One Scene One

A Chapter by Chemi Angel


Scene Two Scene Two

A Chapter by Chemi Angel