Haunted houses

Haunted houses

A Poem by Frontier

The pain has become a cruel playground,
smoke and mirrors.

Behind the scenes, 
I don't see people doing anymore...
I see people being, 
or not being. 

What is that editing force...
making actions feel like night.

An ancient battleground 
orchestrated by unknown constellations,
Time wins shy magic.

We haunted houses,
allow dusky penetrations 
framed by candle-light. 
Angels with clipped wings,
gaining insider's access
to this soul-splattered fight. 
Navigate these black waters
with tempestuous sight

The game of 
hide and seek
never did end...

© 2014 Frontier


Author's Note

Frontier
I'm still debating about the ending...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i want this ending...there is something about playing hide and seek with feelings...poets put them out there for readers, but often in metaphorical terms, something abstract...the reader might seek but not find them exactly...just a facsimile that they might relate to their own lives.

we navigate the black waters as poets...we are our own haunted houses of the mind, heart and soul...if you find us and explore us, it might scare you.

yes, i think a more than proper place to end the poem...

after posting this, i saw underneath the comments by steve (kublakan) and am not
surprised by what he said about your work...similar tastes...
i too really like your style.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I feel like I can relate this to humanity. How " being" is that of us just " existing" not living. how war never ends and the limitation of pain has no barriers. "Navigate these black waters
with tempestuous sight. " i take this line as in not trusting anyone.

So deliberately written.

K

Posted 9 Years Ago


You did very well with this poem. I like the way you set-up the house and I like the thoughts. I did like the ending. Left the reader with something to ponder. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


the editing force is our mind and the decisions we make, the art of being is a start, then we travel through life trying to figure out the right way to live, sometimes we dive right in, other times we hide from potential pain, all the while not knowing what the outcome will be.........it can be damn scary..

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frontier

9 Years Ago

indeed Paul, thanks for the insightful review
I agree wholeheartedly with Jacob and kublahkhan about your writing style. Your work has a palpable electricity, a glow of sorts. It's full of insight, full of pure sight.

Characterizing people with the haunted house metaphore was brilliant. Finishing with the image of hide and seek really delivers the emotional complexity you built in the earlier lines.

You do a wonderful job of pointing to where ghost live. You make those who have seen them before look closer, and those who have never seen them take notice.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frontier

9 Years Ago

Thank you for this excellent review. After this and the other reviews I am convinced to leave the hi.. read more
Clockwork

9 Years Ago

I'm glad :-) it's a nice turn of phrase to accompany the idea of all of those haunted rooms.
i want this ending...there is something about playing hide and seek with feelings...poets put them out there for readers, but often in metaphorical terms, something abstract...the reader might seek but not find them exactly...just a facsimile that they might relate to their own lives.

we navigate the black waters as poets...we are our own haunted houses of the mind, heart and soul...if you find us and explore us, it might scare you.

yes, i think a more than proper place to end the poem...

after posting this, i saw underneath the comments by steve (kublakan) and am not
surprised by what he said about your work...similar tastes...
i too really like your style.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You are an incredible writer...it is impossible for me to break this down into sections or specific images that I like...this is a fresh way of looking at things that I have never considered...I'm truly in awe of your talent.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frontier

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much Kubla. I really enjoy your reviews, they really inspire me to write more. I guess thi.. read more
I love your wording and the feel of this write. Not to sure I like the drop ending. Felt like it kinda just didn't end right for me. Just me though...

Rob

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like how your haunted houses are soul splattered with deep darkness trying to find the light...Bravo..............

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frontier

9 Years Ago

thanks for appreciating and taking the time to read :)
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

You are welcome muchly...:)...................
I like the ending actually. Everyone has ghosts and it will never end, unless emotion is breed out of humans. I think you've done a great job and I love the concept.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frontier

9 Years Ago

Thanks Christian. I like how you say it will never end, deep in a dark way.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 3, 2014
Last Updated on June 2, 2014
Tags: horror, pain, dark, feelings, people, humans

Author

Frontier
Frontier

Puerto Rico



Writing
Hormones Hormones

A Poem by Frontier



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


"For You" "For You"

A Poem by Valentine


Memories Memories

A Poem by Honey-Bee