The company of poetry

The company of poetry

A Poem by Frontier

The strange company found in poetry
Flying with timeless spirits
Talking with the living dead

Sitting on the world's windowsill
while being intimate with ghosts
An eternal party where
the universe is the host

A voyeur to a lone woman
Sitting in a closed room 
Holding the hand of doom

Flow down parallel to her tears
Only then could one know
the pain it takes to grow 

© 2014 Frontier


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i see this probably a different way...in the company of other poets, some living, some ghosts...and i feel a strong reference in here to both dickinson and plath...

dickinson in terms of "i heard a fly buzz when i died"

and sylvia with many of her references to death and suicide in her poetry...

there is both peace and camaraderie in existing on this plane with others of our kind.
poets are a funny bunch...on websites they tend to have vicious battles and tear each other down, when the reality should be that they support each other and party together, because who else understands us so well?

Posted 9 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i dont think im eloquent enough to comment something good enough but i really loved this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frontier

9 Years Ago

Haha, appreciate your review nonetheless thanks ;)
Nice stuff you come up with... different too.



Posted 9 Years Ago


Frontier

9 Years Ago

Thanks Ibreez!
It is like an astral projection of the mind. We float in and out of many places in our work. Sometimes we are bystanders, other time active participants. One thing we seem to all share is a sense of something more, another dimension of being as we travel along this wide poetic continuum, I liked this very much.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frontier

9 Years Ago

You are very right, thanks :)
'Sitting on the world's windowsill
while being intimate with ghosts
An eternal party where
the universe is the host"
Words can bring us close to people we do not know. What a honor a reader had. To read words of great men and women who left us with thoughts, dreams and possibilities. Thank you for the amazing poetry. You open the door to a long conversation.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


I'm not sure Frontier if this was the path you were headed in this poem, but this is what it made me think of. When I first started writing poetry, I was all over the place, I had no ... center. So because I fell in love with expression, I went back to school; meaning, I read every poetry book I could get my hands on, wanted to sit with a different master (instructor), every night. I wanted to know Why were they considered good poets? Why did their work sing? Even today I still go back; Bly, Wright, Lorca, Borges, and on and on. You need that measuring stick, you need that inspiration. You just need to know ... how.

Well done, Frontier.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frontier

9 Years Ago

Yes, I think a big part is putting the unseen, or un-thought of, into words. Thanks :)
I really do like this, it gives us the feeling why we write poetry and all the feelings we penned, the written verse we show to the world, sigh... this is amazing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frontier

9 Years Ago

Yes, writing about inspiration itself :)
"A voyeur to a lone woman
Sitting in a closed room
Holding the hand of doom"

(That's why I type one handed.)


Beautiful job of it, emotively drawn in and well thought out...100/100

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frontier

9 Years Ago

hahahaha I'm glad Doom enjoys! :)
Truely written Frontier

K

Posted 9 Years Ago


The words I write were never my own but words of the dead I speak for. The feelings that can no longer be felt. The life they no longer live. Such a beautifully tragic view. We're simply at the Universe's party, surrounded by other spirits and souls trying to dance to life's tune. J'adore!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frontier

9 Years Ago

Yes indeed, thanks Ian.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 8, 2014
Last Updated on May 8, 2014
Tags: poetry, party, world, pain

Author

Frontier
Frontier

Puerto Rico



Writing
Hormones Hormones

A Poem by Frontier



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..