I'm falling.

I'm falling.

A Poem by Chesney W.

I'm falling,

off the edge of a cliff..

 

The air rushes within my hair.

 

The ground growing closer.

 

I hope this is not the real me.

But I don't know anymore.

I've lost sight of who I am.

 

My life flashing before me.

Memories bringing tears of joy and regret.

 

Is this the end of me?

Is this really what I've become?

A suicide attempt in action?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2012 Chesney W.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

aw..its very touching..the way the suspense is out in the last line...teh whole process..very well written..i specially liked the way all the memories cum together and tears of joy r overflowing...very nicely described..

Posted 11 Years Ago


This ain't the real you Chesney, I promise:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Excellent read and write. Reminds of the time when I was about to fall, but the noose was too long or the ceiling was too low.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The poem sort of tells a story escalating from falling off a cliff to suicide, which is cool. I feel like it could go into more detail as well, you know? Maybe be more specific with the pain that's haunting you, go into specifics perhaps as to why you wrote the poem. Otherwise, it was a good read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Chesney W.

11 Years Ago

thanx for the review...ill take all of that information into consideration1 :)
Brilliant poem, and no this is only the beginning, I'll catch you :).

Posted 11 Years Ago


Chesney W.

11 Years Ago

awwwww:) Cameron you're too sweet:) ily!!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tom
I like what you have tried to do with this poem, the idea is very interesting. My only criticism is that the imagery is a little cliché, in that air in hair, life flashing and memories bringing tears have been well used. Having said this I like the way you have distributed the lines to create drama within the poem and it feels to me as if time is slowing as the author falls, as if the final verse allows the realisation of what is happening before the impact.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Interesting how the poem develops in drama. Certainly makes you think of the problems the person is experiencing. Though I do not understand one thing in the poem. You state there are tears of joy, which is a rather weird emotion within the poem's setting, but that might just be a personal comment. You did a good job with this one!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 5, 2012
Last Updated on September 5, 2012

Author

Chesney W.
Chesney W.

Grove Hill, AL



About
Hello, I'm Chesney Wilkerson. I'm 22 and happily married to my best friend. Most of the writings here are stuff from high school, so ignore the immaturity of it all. I went through quite a lot while I.. more..

Writing
Moma Moma

A Poem by Chesney W.