Me and the monsters inside

Me and the monsters inside

A Story by Adelita
"

A short story on 3 monsters and how they have impacted my life

"

Based on my life story

I have been known to be happy to make people laugh to always have a positive spirit. What some people don't know is that their is a monster inside me. But i am getting ahead of myself it all started when i was eight years old.
My grandpa had cancer and we only had a few more months with him. It was a early day at school and that’s when my brother Miguel and my cousin Nate came to pick us up. I had felt really suspicious because they never pick us up from school i could tell that they were worried. When we got into the car they were talking to us smoothly i knew what they were going to say next and by the face my sister was making she did too. “Grandpa passed away while you guys were at school today.” my brother said holding back his tears. I was in shock i couldn't move and it took me awhile to breath. My sister was crying and i started to feel tears dribble their way down my cheek. From that moment the monster woke up. We went to grandmas and grandpas house to see my grandpa having a smile on his face. He looked peaceful, my god sister and cousin came i just acted like nothing happened and we went to go play. A few years past and i could feel the monster grow bigger in me. I felt it spread into 3 little monsters 1.anxiety 2. Pain 3.depression. The one i was dealing with the most was the first one anxiety. My parents took me too a therapist and it did help but i knew that that monster will never go away and it was stuck in me forever.

I was 11 years old when i found out that my nina melida had cancer. I cried but then i held all of my feelings in like i had done with my grandpa the only difference is that i know what is going on this time. The first couple of weeks she was worried but she was still my silly nina then chemotherapy. She slowly started to feel a little bit more sad but she was always happy when i went to go visit her. They had just gotten a new dog coop to keep her company will my nino was at work .

I was just about to turn twelve when my dog ran away from our house we found her except she had brain trauma so my parents put her to sleep. I cried and cried for who knows how long that’s when i felt the second monster starting to grow stronger and stronger. Pain all i felt was pain looked at at myself and saw pain. I couldn't help but to slowly get less and less happy but it didn’t help when people didn’t seem to care that much because she was a dog.

I was twelve years old when my nina Melida past away and that's when the strongest monster came out 3.depression. Little did i know that it was going to bring back the two others with it. I started to bully myself and think horrible
things. I no longer was that happy person who was always positive i was that person who was always sad and who didn’t want any help. So i started to write poems letter memories. They slowly started to help me defeat my monsters. I now look back and see what this monsters did to me and how they helped me.

Anxiety this helped me to always think twice and to never be too careful of things. It also helped me to never let it take over to have a little of anxiety is ok but to have so much that you have trouble to let change in is not ok.
Pain it taught me that it is ok to feel it that everyone feels pain every now and then some more than others. That pain helps you feel stronger at the end that i was going to face pain sooner or later and i know that i am still but i now know how to control it.
Depression it was my toughest one and i am still going through it but we all are and the best thing to do is to not sit down and let it take over but make sure that you're life is focused on good things like family friends.
This three monsters helped me to notice that death is apart of life but to not fear it but to be grateful for it i know that they are not in pain anymore but that they are happy and healthy in heaven in heaven now and that they aren’t in pain anymore that they don't have to have anxiety and that they don't have depression i now know that these monsters aren't monsters anymore but that they are misunderstood creatures. The creatures that some people hate because they don't understand that those three creatures bring us joy
Laughter and family. I know it can get hard especially if that person made you who you are today. I lost more than those three but they had the biggest impact on me. These creatures created me i know i said that they barely happened when my grandpa died but if you think of it those monsters or creatures are with us when we are barely babies. Anxiety , pain, depression the things that made the bad times worse but made it even better when it's a good time. Those three creatures helped me experience what other people go through. I hope this writing helped you as much as it has helped me to write.
Thank you (and the monsters in me)

© 2017 Adelita


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Adelita
Ignore any mistakes I made there might be a few I hope you liked it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on June 29, 2017
Last Updated on June 29, 2017

Author

Adelita
Adelita

CA



About
I'm a young writer. I write about my opinion on recent events. I am a activist. I fight for my rights as a young lady and as a Mexican. more..

Writing
My secret My secret

A Poem by Adelita


Pain Pain

A Poem by Adelita