reacting to opportunities

reacting to opportunities

A Story by Chloe Garber

                The foggy morning air captured the bubbles of dew and carried them over to a stopped vehicle. Sitting in the drivers seat with distraught expressions and a perfectly perplexed posture, a woman scrambled frantically for some spilled pills, a glazed look in her eye. She flipped her windshield once and cursed to the sky. The slight humming noise began to pester her. Searching frantically with pry, she threw everything she touched to the backseat, but kept a letter on her dashboard.  Finally, she slammed her palm on the buttons of her 1969 dodge charger stereo. The disheveled women instantly turned red and skunk down into her seat because her car battery had died. She failed to turn it off the night before. The worst part is she was stuck at 6 am train; purposely. Moments later, after pondering in darkness, she noticed a dark figure running along side the train. Struggling, she thought back to what she last heard on the radio.

“A university psychologist has said that he believes there may be a serial killer on the loose in Siena, after 54 bodies were pulled from a canal near the train station in just 4 years. Suspect appears to be snatching victims from train stops. ”

She had figured this was a better opportunity. The women unlocked her doors, closed her eyes, and waited patiently for an encounter.  

                

© 2015 Chloe Garber


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on March 5, 2015
Last Updated on March 6, 2015