Understand

Understand

A Poem by Chris Cowell
"

Written quickly due to time restraints.

"

I bit the flesh of your neck and you opened up to me. Revealed your soul, gave me the key to your everything. How could I not be irresponsible with all of that power, I bloomed a lotus flower with no reason but to devour. I am sorry, I am sorry; I didn’t mean to hurt you.


Ignorance is bliss,


But patience is a virtue.


I acted out, I did, left you alone and I know you will never forgive. I was young and I was reckless, but I meant it when I said I love you and gave you that necklace, the bad times outweigh the good except I remember the times you left me breathless. Captivated by your beauty, the inner beauty, that no one else could see, only me because I was in there.


In there, beside your subconscious I saw your past, your present, and your future. The past was dim, desolate, and dark but I saw such a bright future. A place without me, I knew I was the demon and had to set you free. I didn’t want to go out of selfishness but I knew you were better off, without me, without this.


If only you could understand, I was forced to be a man. So why would you ever think less of my morals? I swear I didn’t use you; I came to realize you didn’t deserve a mortal, a goddess like yourself.  Cried to me under the sun, I wish I never met you so the pain could be done. You still haunt me, images in my head can never be gone you still taunt me.


You will always be a piece of mine,


But give me peace of mind,


Please forgive me.

© 2017 Chris Cowell


Author's Note

Chris Cowell
Please, ignore grammar discrepancies.
First post.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really well written and very emotional. You did a fantastic job of capturing the essence of the moment as well as capturing the feelings of the moment. Keep writing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 8, 2017
Last Updated on June 8, 2017
Tags: #FirstPost

Author

Chris Cowell
Chris Cowell

Cadiz, Cadiz, Spain



About
I'll be what i have to be. Ever adapting, ever changing, like the universe. more..