Unfinished for now.

Unfinished for now.

A Screenplay by ChrisGarrow.
"

Not really sure what this is exactly. Just sort of a free write.

"
The only time I had run this far away, was the night my sister had dared me to run and touch the neighbor's gargouille, in the middle of the night. It was a big deal then, we had been taught to never leave the house a after dark, but I drew enjoyment from such rebellious behavior. We were just kids then and new fears had entered our lives since.
Now I ran effortlessly from an unknown figure that had called my name in a threatening hymn. Every ounce of me had been pushing forth to the Lacrosse St. bridge, where I had known homeless men to sleep before, but anything seemed welcoming when compared to the silhouette that had been following me.
I slid with an accidental grace across the concrete ground beneath, due to the fine, excess gravel left by the street sweeps. I caught myself and ducked quickly beneath the bridge. As I sat catching my breath trying to remain silent, I heard the figure draw near. Their footsteps echoed louder and louder in my ears. My chest pounded sporadically and I swallowed the knot in my throat. Suddenly, the footsteps stopped at the edge of the bridge. Gasping and coughing, from the unknown presence, filled the silence and I sat in fear waiting for my demise. However, a sense of an unexplained forgiveness was felt all around and the sound of boots along cobblestone commenced. The sound trailed off and returned from where it had come from and I sat shivering in my old worn out duster.

© 2012 ChrisGarrow.


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on September 26, 2012
Last Updated on September 26, 2012
Tags: free write, scene, intro

Author

ChrisGarrow.
ChrisGarrow.

Malone, NY



About
I am a young man who enjoys putting his everyday thoughts of life and such into words on paper or in a blog like this. more..

Writing
A Minute A Minute

A Story by ChrisGarrow.


On God On God

A Story by ChrisGarrow.