Sing To Me

Sing To Me

A Story by Christa

Music. Such a small word with such a vast responsibility. 

Rhythms. 

Rhymes. 

Harmonies. 

Notes.

Chords.

Measures.

Voices.

All surrounding you when you press play to your favorite song. 

Think about your favorite song now. Think of the feelings it draws out of your depths. Close your eyes. What color does each note create in your mind's eye? Passion Red? Calming Blues? Cooling Greens? Happy Yellows? Depressing Greys? No matter the color, no matter the note, it makes you FEEL, doesn't it?

Yes, music reaches its long fingers down to your deepest depths and pulls something out from you. Maybe it's a symphony, devoid of voices, spreading an unexplained calmness in your soul after your hardest day, causing your racing heart to slow with each ebb and swell of the chords. 

Perhaps it's a love song, reminding you of happier days when you were so in love, causing hope to rise up from within.

Or a rock song, strengthening your very core with every drum beat, reminding you that you don't need that lost love?

Perhaps a dubstep, causing you to remember your strength, independence, and your ability to get through this?


Our world abounds with so many indelibly delectable tunes. Within each genre, each song has its own message and paints its own story upon your soul. It can make you lament days long gone; make you yearn for the future. Give you strength, make you weak. Make you smile, bring tears to your eyes. Remind you of unforgettable moments, bring back your worse memories. Music is your best friend; your worst enemy. 


I love the welling of emotion that music evokes inside of me.

 It is like the kiss of a careful lover. So soft, almost undetectable, except for the warmth of closeness. Slowly growing into something more tangible, flooding your body, your soul, with a warming sensation. A sensation that builds as you and your lover become closer. The sensation continues, even after the kiss, the embrace, is over. Such is the courtship of song to the soul. 


Never again will you be the same. Each note has skimmed you skin. Each beat, beat within your heart. It has taken you, whether willingly or unwillingly. It has known you and you will never quite be the same.

© 2015 Christa


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful.....the love affair between music and lyrics will consume musicians and poets until the end of time..... :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Christa

9 Years Ago

Thank you :) it is a love affair I eagerly partake in.
this is so interesting. lol, i love music so i can relate to this so much

Posted 9 Years Ago


Christa

9 Years Ago

I'm glad you found it interesting and it warms my heart that you can relate. Thank you!
EpicSab3r

9 Years Ago

absolutely no problem. it was amazing, I'm happy I got to read it

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 23, 2015
Last Updated on February 23, 2015

Author

Christa
Christa

CA



About
Writing to the one who writes for pleasure is an escape. It the most beautiful of love stories. It is a raging sea inside each of us, fighting to wash over us. To control us, to drown us in its powe.. more..

Writing
Imaginings Imaginings

A Poem by Christa


Strip Me Bare Strip Me Bare

A Story by Christa