If I Could

If I Could

A Poem by Christopher_Myles

If I could drop this lead weight of self worthlessness.
That has been fired again and again in the flames of my subconscious being.
So that every indentation, nook and cranny of my heart is black with the remnant of its heavy residue.
I could soar, ever higher, above the tree tops.
Over the highway, so that the headlights of cars look like distant stars, and the stars in the sky are as close and in reach as the steering wheel of my car.
But no.
My knuckles grasp this wheel, turning white with tension.
Its promise of infinite possibility broken, like the state of my fragmented spirit.
When every lead filled cavity has been drained in the warmth of true company,
I will break free of this endless race car loop. Into the z-axis of existence.
Then you will find me, vibrating joyously among the stars.
Then I will love you, then, I will know love.

© 2012 Christopher_Myles


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really liked this! Had great imagery and description. Especially liked "Over the highway, so that the headlights of cars look like distant stars, and the stars in the sky are as close and in reach as the steering wheel of my car. " Great poem :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Christopher_Myles

9 Years Ago

Thank you, being a visual artist. I love visual imagery in poetry :)
That was beautiful!! I can just imagine how wonderful your music is... Good Job.
Thank you for sharing this!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Christopher_Myles

9 Years Ago

Thank you! You can check out my music too if you would like www.soundcloud.com/21roots
♥ Ari Skye ♥

9 Years Ago

I will definately do that!
a free verse? Interesting. Many people have there poems rhyme, but that didn't seem to concern you. I liked this, i thought it was cute.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Christopher_Myles

11 Years Ago

Thank you :) yes, I go for free verse/experimental. I try to conjure up as much imagery as possible... read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

319 Views
3 Reviews
Added on November 25, 2012
Last Updated on November 26, 2012

Author

Christopher_Myles
Christopher_Myles

About
I also make music... http://www.soundcloud.com/21roots I also take pictures... Sometimes of my artwork. http://instagram.com/christopher_myles more..

Writing