Bittersweet

Bittersweet

A Story by Chumps
"

They sit silent for a few heartbeats, watching as the orange light slowly dimmed. "Hi." She murmured, not looking at him. "Hi." He echoed.

"
She was sitting by the bench when he got there. Her hair danced in the breeze, catching the setting sun. He sat next to her, wanting to say something, but he can't say a thing. Instead, he weaved his hand into hers.

They sit silent for a few heartbeats, watching as the orange light slowly dimmed.

"Hi." She murmured, not looking at him.

"Hi." He echoed.

They fell back into an easy silence. He swallowed, and tightened his grip on her fingers.

"So, this is it, huh?"

She nodded.

"It has been a wild ride." She gave a happy sigh.

"Yeah."

The sun had set, painting the sky a purple pink. He thought back to the days, the memories. Even this place, on a hill overlooking over the city, held a meaning for them. It was the first place they had found together, isolated, but still usable. It was their secret place.

But memories were all it was going to be now. They just were never meant to be. No matter how much they fought for it, they weren't meant for each other.

"Thank you." He whispered, glancing at her, at how the shadows contour her face, making her look blissful even in the biting winter air. She looked at him, and there was something in her eye. Something warm, adoring, and he can't resist the urge to hold her face and lean in.

The kiss was sweet, not passionate. A simple chaste kiss between chapped lips. They held there, wrapped up in each other's warmth, their attention solely on each other.

He didn't want this to end.

But they had to pull away. They stared into each other's eyes, before turning away.

"Bye." She murmured, standing. She walked away briskly.

"Bye." He echoed to her back as it walked further away. He set his eyes over the darkness of night over the city.

The sun had set.

© 2015 Chumps


Author's Note

Chumps
This. Is quack.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This really brings back some bittersweet memories that I went through earlier this year that I'm still coping with. I like how its simple but really projects what you want the audience to feel; bittersweet:)

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
1 Review
Added on June 22, 2015
Last Updated on June 22, 2015
Tags: Love, peaceful break up

Author

Chumps
Chumps

About
I write fanfiction. more..