Can You

Can You

A Poem by Cheyenne
"

A song i wrote. None of this is happening to me right now but it has happened before maybe not to this extent but whatever. It's a duet.

"

                          Can You

  Verse1: It's saturday night and we're at my house, watching movies like we usually do.

I glance at you from the corner of my ee just hoping you'll look at me too. I it there wondering do you know that i love you? Or could you even love me back? I cant remember when my feelings changed for you it seems like it was overnight. I look at you everday and know that your the one. i dont want to ruin all we have . But it hurts you being with her and me not having you. And baby now im dying to know.

 

Chorus: Can you hear me when i talk to you it's all there in my voice. Can you see me when i lok at you im telling you with my eyes. Can you feel it when we touch it's an electric current called love that radiates through our veins. But you dont know that i love you and i'm still waiting in the wings to catch yoas you fall.

Boy Undertone: She doesnt know that i love her and im waiting in the wings.

 

Boy Verse: I've practiced telling you a thousand times. So why cant i tell you face to face? It's just three simple words eight easy letters. Your answer is shorter though life chaning for sure. You decide how this works out, andI'd leave her just for you. Ive never felt this way before and it scares me to know i need you more than anything. I dont know if we can stay this besfriends much longer, im about to go crazy wondering.

 

Chorus 1X

 

Verse 3 Boy + Girl: String at you dont know how i can do this.

Girl: Tears start to burn behindmy eyes i cant let them fall so  bink away the pain, and laugh for no reason  the movie.

Boy:Gotta turn away cuz it hurts something  makes you laugh, nd i dont know what your so spontaneous. Its then i really know that i could never be apart from you.

Both: Why does it have to be this way? Emotions rnning wild inmy brain. Oh woah. Do things have to change this way? feelings that are a pain to say. Oh do things have to be this way i wanna tell you so any things.

Girl: But we can stick to our routine

Boy: And stay besfriends.

Both: Util i figure out the way to ask you.

 

Chorus 2X.

 

End: Now i feel myself inching closer to you and the movie is ver.  I still dont know how to ask you if you can love me.

© 2010 Cheyenne


Author's Note

Cheyenne
Its kind of repetitive in know but it's a pop sing thats kind of what they are and ionore spelling and puntuation.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. I rarely read lyrics, but, when I do, I'm pretty impressed. I thought this was a story at first, but it has a nice rhythm going. I would love to hear this with a tune in the background. My only suggestion is to do more line breaks to make it easier to read and, even though you said to ignore it, some typos get in the way of the meaning of the song. Good work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


It is very good. The movement was very good. The questions of love keep us thinking and reaching for more. The set-up and poem was written with skill. A pleasure to read. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 2, 2010
Last Updated on July 12, 2010

Author

Cheyenne
Cheyenne

KC, MO



About
Hey guys. Im Cheyenne im 14 and really love to write. ALot of people tell me i'm really good and would buy a book if i wrote one! I live in KC and my friend Cleo Christine introuduced me to this site... more..

Writing
The Stage The Stage

A Poem by Cheyenne