Dear Daddy, What can I do?

Dear Daddy, What can I do?

A Poem by Cheyenne
"

A poem that has just come to me on the wings of my father losing his trust for me over an incident that was blown out of proportion My life sucks at this point

"

   

                     Dear Daddy

                        What can I do when you treat me like a fool?

                        Nothing there’s, no way to change your mind no matter how I try

                        What can I do when their words are being spoon fed to you?

                        Not a thing because I’m just a child and they are adults.

                        What can I do even though I’m your child you push me farther away

                        There’s nothing to be done or said for that type of vain ignorance

                        What can I do after the comments that bruised my fragile heart?

                        Nothing but try and be my happy cheery self because it’s my façade

                        What can I do when your on their side and don’t trust me?

                        Well I could lie and hate you but I’ll do my best so forgive you.

                        What can I do when they think me to be something I’m not?

                        This is the easiest my far. I can do nothing Daddy but be myself.

                        Get up and walk away from them because I know who I am….

                        What can I do Daddy? I thought you would know who I was too.

                        But you don’t anymore and I’m drowning in what we used to have.

                                                From your daughter,

                                   Cheyenne

          

                       

                                   

© 2010 Cheyenne


Author's Note

Cheyenne
This wasnt very easy to write and just this one time I'm asking if your read this to PLEASE reveiw it....

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Gave me a lump in my throat. Did u present it to your Dad? It was excellently done like...you covered feelings expertly without sounding whingey. Mature..thats the word!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Aww.... this was gut wrenching and raw. You have a ton of insight, girl. And you already have all the answers to your questions right there in your writing. You are a smart cookie. Read over this in a day or a week and you will see the answer seep right out of this. Thank you for sharing this. Remember this, too: People get over things and forgive you in THEIR own time, not always when we would like them to. It will come. Don't give up. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


When a child is growing up. Some parent don't want to register their kids are becoming independent. Ain't easy for child or parent. I try to say only positive things. Like your poem said. Words can upset you and make you lose confident. Always lean toward love and forgiveness. In the end we will have only family to depend on. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very emotional to say the least. A beautiful write and very personal.

Great work.

Regards,

Matthew

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow a very emotional write, and to think many young girls/boys experience this type of pain every day.. I seen a girl today who was getting manhandled by her father, we had yo call the cops, I didn't know them, but it just isn't right.. I love your poem, it is a very in depth one, I like it, thank you for sharing! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


You can tell this was from the heart, emotions are bursting out of your words and the entire piece is beautifully written. The flow of it is beautiful as well, its a great write. Thank you for sharing. :)
-Cathrine

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, this is great. I'm kind of speechless just because as I was reading it I was able to place myself in this situation. I never really had a father figure, so I can't say I can completely relate. But the style and the vibe I get from it really draws me in. Awesome write!

*Praying for you. God bless.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

554 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 17, 2010
Last Updated on October 17, 2010

Author

Cheyenne
Cheyenne

KC, MO



About
Hey guys. Im Cheyenne im 14 and really love to write. ALot of people tell me i'm really good and would buy a book if i wrote one! I live in KC and my friend Cleo Christine introuduced me to this site... more..

Writing
The Stage The Stage

A Poem by Cheyenne



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..