Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Bad Weather

Bad Weather

A Story by Jude Franks
"

An earthquake happens on a stormy day. That is the least of their worries.

"


Another rainy day in Joseph County and another sick day for me. As a science teacher, I have to get as much money that I can but to be honest I went for Jenny. She is a math teacher even though she hates math. She has long dark brown hair with brown eyes and always wore skirts.  To me her face was nothing but beauty. As for me I was the opposite. With dirty blonde hair and green eyes, I looked nothing like beauty. She would always ask me questions about Cumalos Island and the volcano about 20 miles from here. Even though I said the same thing every time, she kept asking. I would say,” Cumalos was a part of a super continent about 50 million years ago. When the two plates moved they formed a subduction zone, where the volcano is today.” Somehow she is always amazed. It is sad to think that we would never be together. She knows that my illness put a strain on my life, so she would help as much as possible, even though it was no use.


            “Mr. Jim, I’m done with my work, what do you want me to do? Can I work on my project?” a student asked.


            “I would like you to hel-“, suddenly everything began to shake. “Quickly, get under your desks!” As they were told, my students got to cover. As soon as it stopped we evacuated. While we were heading to the field I spotted Jenny. I rushed over to give her my coat because of the rain. Out of nowhere I was stopped but a fellow teacher.


            “Jim, your nose.” He said in a scared tone. I slowly felt my nose and of course it was wet but as soon as I looked at my hand a shock went through me. Blood was coming from my nose. I felt my legs giving out and just like a weight, I fell to the ground. I could hear Jenny crying for help and felt her shaking me to keep me awake.


            With my breathe I said to Jenny,” Thank you.”  I felt the warmth of Jenny hugging me and I wasn’t afraid to go.


© 2015 Jude Franks


Author's Note

Jude Franks
I am sorry if you find errors. I wrote this at a very late time.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on June 15, 2015
Last Updated on June 16, 2015
Tags: Illness, Teacher, Stormy Weather, Earthquake

Author

Jude Franks
Jude Franks

Mentone, CA



About
I am a young writer that just likes to share his stories. You can tell if you don't like them or if you do. Some are sad so be warned. more..

Writing