Finocosm

Finocosm

A Story by Anna
"

The Fighter's Point of view

"

The cloaked man swiftly strode through the bleak hallways of the King’s manor. The man reached the end of a corridor, and approached a door. The plaque on it read King Ewald of The Fighters.

“Enter,” a cold voice sounded throughout the hallway. The man opened the door, and bowed deeply.

“Rise,” the same, short voice commanded, and he did so. The man sitting before him sat powerfully upon a throne bejeweled in gems of ruby and emerald, and was held up by a platform painted a deep hue of gold. Spread over the walls were a wallpaper of deep blue, covered in repetitive silver floral vignettes. The room was windowless, yet was lit brightly with lanterns.

“You have sent for me, Sir King Ewald,” the cloaked man said, smiling grimly at his king.

“Yes, young Ponch, I have,” King Ewald said, giving Ponch a once over as if to find fault about him. Apparently he did not, because he went on. “First, I need you to tell me what villages we have gained power of.”

“Sir, earlier today we burned Discovery Settlement, and yesterday we took over Duo Village.”

“An easy achievement. In two days forth, Capital City shall be burned. Understood?”

“Yes, sir.”

“After that, we will have power of all of Finocosm!” the King laughed, a high pitched cackle. Ponch did his best not to waver at the unwelcome sound.

“And, sir, what do you need of me?”

“You shall sail with a group of five to The Free Land. There, you shall claim the land ours. Leave tonight.”

“Tonight? Sir, but aren’t we off duty?”

“Do what I say!” King Ewald snarled, “and leave, now!” Ponch bowed slightly, and left the room.

© 2015 Anna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on October 4, 2015
Last Updated on October 4, 2015

Author

Anna
Anna

United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
I am an amateur writer who won the American Rose Society contest this yea. I love writing! more..

Writing
Roses Roses

A Story by Anna


FInocosm FInocosm

A Book by Anna