The Meaning of My Writing.... Or is It?

The Meaning of My Writing.... Or is It?

A Story by Forgotten and Loved

I have been asked about what I write. What do I write? Why do I write it? Why do the characters never say anything that makes sense? Do they live in another universe or another time? Are you brilliant or stupid? Do you really need all these answers? No, but you want them just as I want to confuse you and make you think whenever you read what I write. Half of what I write isn’t any good. It’s strange, it’s not as realistic as we’d like, and it’s full of pseudo-intellectual mumbo-jumbo that is used to poke fun at pseudo-intellectuals every where. I am well aware that I am not an intellectual or a relatively funny or humorous guy. I am easily bored and tired. I am easily diverted from what is currently holding my interest. By now you should be making a little more sense out of everything I write. Am I correct? Keep listening if you care. Of course the more you read my explanation of my writing you must begin to question whether anything I write here is true. Is it? Will you ever know? No, you’ll never know because none of you truly know what makes me tick and you never will since I make it a point to never have another human being truly know the first thing about me. I have lived for 21 years and I have yet to meet a single person who truly knows me, and this is fine by me since if a person came along who knew and understood me I would begin to worry about their sanity. I enjoy being the way I am, because I have to be the way I am or else I wouldn’t be the real me. I don’t know what is meant by the “Real Me” either but it is what it is, and we must come to that moment in time when we cease searching for clear explanations of every little thing. Love. Desire. Lust. Happiness. Trust. Etc. Right? What are those things and what do they mean to us? I keep the senselessness and the confusion going to keep your minds active or at least to keep them off drugs… or do I make you want to take drugs? Sometime you should all tell me what my writing does for you… or if it does nothing for you… Just let me know. Simply, I refuse to ever say exactly what any of my writing means, or what my personal beliefs are. I will never openly discuss my personal life, my religious or political beliefs as I have learned that the more I disclose… the more I hurt others and myself. It’s much more complicated than that, but that’s as much as you need to know. This is where I stand at the moment. I know what I want, I just don’t know how to get it, and I’m fine with it because I’m happy and I enjoy life… no matter what any of my critics or supposed scholars think they know or don’t know about me. And the funniest thing is they will never really know what my worldview is…. It’s a shame for them but it’s fine by me. Continue to ponder what my writing means although you’ll never really know the first thing about it.

© 2010 Forgotten and Loved


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on June 28, 2010
Last Updated on June 28, 2010

Author

Forgotten and Loved
Forgotten and Loved

Jackson, MI



Writing
The Clown The Clown

A Stage Play by Forgotten and Loved


The Call The Call

A Stage Play by Forgotten and Loved