How Dare You Be The Way You Are

How Dare You Be The Way You Are

A Stage Play by Forgotten and Loved

Fred: Well you better be a homosexual. That’s all I have to say about all this. I do not want some macho heterosexual with issues living under my roof. I don’t have time to attempt to understand your strange, sick, perverted lifestyle. You’re sick, disgusting, an abomination. And if you’re serious by telling me that you are a heterosexual although you have attempted to be the right way by becoming a normal member of society by being a homosexual, then I want nothing more to do with you. I don’t want any heterosexual living here because…. It isn’t right. It isn’t proper. It’s an abomination to the Lord who created Adam and Steve, not Adam and Eve.

Vince: But, Dad, there’s nothing wrong with the way I am. I did not choose to be a heterosexual. It’s the way the Lord you refer to so often created me to be.

Fred: No! Don’t you dare say that the Lord, the being I have prayed to my entire life, who has gotten me through the roughest times in my life, gave me a straight as a son! I will not accept that! You have chosen or at least allowed yourself to be what you are: an unproductive, despicable, pathetic creature that will always remain an outsider, a nothing, a pervert, a detriment to all of society. You make me want to vomit.

Vince: I fail to see where you’re coming from

Fred: That’s because you’re so damn selfish and stubborn that you refuse to change your deviant ways because you believe you can make your own rules. Well, I’m sorry I will not have that. This is the country I love and I will not tolerate something I cannot understand or make any sense of whatsoever. If you continue to persist in this deviant heterosexual lifestyle, you will have to leave and I promise you that you will burn in eternal torment forever and ever. Amen!

Vince: Who am I hurting by being the way I am?

Fred: Your Father and I. Your relatives. You’re making us feel awkward and like failures, nothings, outcasts, all the s****y things that you have allowed yourself to become. You are hurting and alienating everyone around you because you believe the world is your oyster. Well, it isn’t. It does not belong to you. It only belongs to us, the people with all the knowledge, who never to open the book because we have been blessed by transcendent knowledge that a person as sick and depraved as you will never possess because you refuse to be normal and healthy. All the pain, suffering, torment, rejection, and all the other awful feelings you have felt throughout your life have been all your fault, not mine whatsoever because I am blameless. As I have said I have all the knowledge in the world and you possess none whatsoever.

Fred: Well maybe not everything I do is all about you. Maybe I matter as well. Not everything is about you, you know. You do not have all the answers. In fact, I’d be very surprised if anyone as ignorant or hateful as you have any answers of any substance at all.

Fred: Of course it is! I have worked my whole life. I pay taxes. I am law-abiding and I have lived my life according to an ancient book that was inspired by the Lord. Since that is the case everything is about me, and none of it about you. But you’re so damn arrogant you believe that you should be able to do whatever you please because “The Me Generation” has given you that right, or so you believe. No! There are some things that should not be because they make no sense. They are unnatural, and it has been proven by a number of studies that I have not read, and may or may not even exist, that state emphatically that heterosexuality is a sexual deviation that is practiced by nothing more than sick freaks that can’t seem to integrate themselves into any part of society. So you don’t fit in anywhere, and no one can love you because you’re such a sick s**t so you turn into a monster, you turn perverted and crass and become an abomination to the Lord who wants us to have sex with only the same sex. Even having sex with the opposite sex makes me sick and squeamish, and the dry heaves are coming. Get this into your head! I know everything and you know nothing. Have you even read the Bible?

Vince: I have and I refuse to believe many things in it. I’m not going to get into specifics because I just don’t care for what much of it has to say. It has allowed bigots like you to go around preaching nothing but a Gospel of Hate although if you were to actually listen to Jesus’s words you would realize we are to love and accept each other. We are not to find reasons, excuses, to hate each other for our differences. All you are concerned with is to hate me because I do not fit a norm of society. As if you or I or anyone in this world could ever really, truly know what is a norm, and what is a deviation. Listen, I have been far from perfect in my life, but I assure you when I am with a person I love them, I treat them well. I do not cheat on them or lie to them or steal from there. I will not muder them. I will not give them a disease. I make mistakes and I know I will not cease making them, but I am not to be hated and forced to change because of what I am which is a heterosexual. There is nothing whatsoever in being that way because I hurt no one. I am of age and I am committed to those I am with. I am not here to condone bestiality or relationshups between adults or minors because those do not concern consenting adults. But I am here to state unequivocally that I am straight, and I don’t feel guilty or resentful of that fact. You cannot hate something just because it’s different or incomprehensible to you. I may not understand the majority’s homosexuality but I respect it, and I realize that people must be with those they love even if it does not make sense to me. If you will not accept me and love me for who I am then I am certain I am better off without such a person in my life.

Fred: Get the Hell out of here, you degenerate! And don’t come back unless you cease being an abomination to the Lord!

© 2010 Forgotten and Loved


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on August 14, 2010
Last Updated on August 14, 2010

Author

Forgotten and Loved
Forgotten and Loved

Jackson, MI



Writing
The Clown The Clown

A Stage Play by Forgotten and Loved


The Call The Call

A Stage Play by Forgotten and Loved