Bottles

Bottles

A Story by Aubin

You hide behind bottles as empty as your promises. Dull and lifeless. Hardly paying attention to any of the worlds inhabitants, including me. Other’s thoughts and feelings are not above everyday trash, easily discarded. Reality is not existent, it’s merely a concept, a dream. Every sip, every bottle emptied, adds to your self destruction. Is this where you thought you would be by now? When you were younger is this what you dreamed of? A life alone without true cares or responsibilities. Even seeing your son isn't forced upon you. All the wasted days. Hours. Minutes. Seconds. You could have picked up a phone once, if only to say hello. The truth is that for you it is easier to ignore these issues. To put them aside for later review, except when will they be approached. All these cold case files that have been forgotten over time by you, but remembered by others. Will you finally face your past when the money stops flowing and the liquid that keeps you oblivious is not longer available. What will you do? How can you face all you have done? Surely you will see how many bridges you have burned and all the bonds you have destroyed. You did this all for one woman. I only have one question left, because as of now I am tired. Tired of feeding into the bitterness you have created inside me. All I have to say is. “Was it worth giving up your family, your son, to lead this unhealthy life, is it worth the loss?

Sincerely,

Aubin, Your son, in case you don’t remember.

© 2013 Aubin


Author's Note

Aubin
This is an assignment for a writing course I am taking. I would appreciate feedback on anything you think could be improved. Enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on June 26, 2013
Last Updated on June 26, 2013
Tags: Father, Alcohol, Loss, Son

Author

Aubin
Aubin

Belmont, NH



About
I am still in High School, and I want unbiased help with my writings. I love cooking, and finding a quiet place to read/write. more..

Writing
Clouded Bliss Clouded Bliss

A Poem by Aubin