"The Texaco Service Station"

"The Texaco Service Station"

A Story by Cody Williams

“The Texaco Service Station”

By Cody Williams

 

            Travis placed two twenty-dollar bills on the counter top sliding it over to the cashier. He was on his way home from the university where he taught creative writing on a part time basis when he looked down at the fuel gage that was nearly on E. He had just turned forty-two years old over the weekend. He had wavy brown hair and brown bearded that covered his face. He was wearing his everyday kaki pants and white dress shirt with a matching brown dress coat to top it off.

            “Forty dollars on pump number eight please!” Travis said to the lady. The woman was wearing a short sleeve black golf shirt with on the left side of the shirt reading: TEXICO and a silver-plated name tag reading: WENDY on the right side. She had long black hair that reached halfway down her back and evidence of a mustache growing in on her upper lips. She just slightly overweight but not too bad and smelt likes the unbearable stench of cigarette smoke. Wendy had tattoos that ran up and down her arms.

            Wendy smiled at him grabbing the two twenty dollar bills off of the counter top and shoved them into the cash register. Travis turned around and walked out of the service station to where the gas pumps were located. He then walked over to his 2007 model Honda Civic and opened the door reaching down to the floorboard pushing a button down that allowed the lid of the gas tank to open. Travis slammed the door behind him and walked to the right side of the sham pane colored Honda and opened the gas tank lid.

            Travis unscrewed the cap of the fuel tank and then reached over grabbed the nose and shoved it into the fuel tank opening. He pulled up the trigger locking it into place and then leaned up against the gas pump waiting for the tank to fill up.

            Out of the corner of his eye he saw a large black pick up truck speed into the parking lot parking in the far end of it. The truck was beaten down and rusted out. The tires were much too large and unnecessary much like that of monster trucks. He could hear rattle of what sound like beer cans whenever someone moved inside of it. In the passenger seat of the truck was a large man who had tattoos covering up and down his arm. He was wearing a solid black t-shirt that seemed to be covered in stains. In fact, it looked like his clothes haven’t been washed in months.

            The top of the man’s head was bald but at the rear of it was a long black ponytail. There was just something not right about this guy. Travis couldn’t shake the feeling that something was wrong. He sees a small gun rack that was mounted on the back windshield of the truck.

            “Where is that Goddamn b***h I unfortunately call my wife?” The man shouted to where everybody in a five hundred foot radius could have heard him. At first Travis thought that he could have at least mumbled that to himself…but he then realized that this a*s hole didn’t care and probably didn’t even know the damn definition of what mumble or even whisper was.

            Travis glanced over to the front door of the service station where he saw Wendy barge out and run towards the truck.

            “Oh there you are you pigeon toed fat a*s! When the hell are you going to get your a*s home and fix me some f*****g dinner? I mean what good is damn wife if she’s not there to fix her man dinner?” The man shouted. Wendy looked up at him.

            “Shhh. Lower your voice Paul! You are making a scene.” Wendy said to him in the softest sweetest tone imaginable. The man reached his arm out of the truck grabbing her by the hair and lifting her off of her feet.

            “You stupid b***h! You are not the Goddamn boss of me! Who the hell do you think you are? You are worthless no good b***h! You can’t even perform your wifely duties.” Paul shouted as he continued to hold her by the hair. At this point, the gas pump had stopped and Travis had seen enough. He pulled the nose out of the tank opening and placed it back on the pump. He then quickly screwed the childproof cap back on and shut the lid after.

            “Hey knock it off!” Travis shouted as he began running towards them.

            “Scram pretty boy! This is none of your f*****g business!” Paul shouted at him.

            “Why don’t you just calm down and let her go! How bad are you going to make yourself look by beating your wife?” Travis asked him smartly.

            “I’m warning you pretty boy! F**k off!” He shouted at Travis again.

            “You’re not going to prove anything by hitting your wife! Except that you are a low down despicable dick faced coward!” Travis explained in a smart a*s way.

            “That’s it.” Paul declared as he tossed his wife Wendy to the pavement. Paul reached behind him grabbing the shotgun from the gun rack.

            “S**t!” Travis shouted as he began running towards his car. Travis reached the car and began fumbling around in his pocket for the keys. He pulled them out of his pocket but then dropped them on the ground. Travis picked them and got into the Civic and started it. He quickly forced the car into drive and began hot tail out of the parking lot. Before he could leave, Paul pointed the shotgun towards the rear of the car where the gas tank was located and pulled the trigger. The bullet pierced the fuel tank resulting in a fiery explosion. The car blew up in flames while Paul smiled satisfied at the destruction he had caused.

            Paul then looked down at the terrified face of his wife. He pointed the shotgun at her and pulled the trigger shooting her in the forehead. She fell to the ground dead.

            “Punch it!” Paul shouted to the driver. He rolled up the window and the truck quickly left the Texaco Service Station as the two men screamed out with cheer.


Copyright 2014 by Cody Williams

Courtesy of TRUE TERROR PUBLICATIONS

A division of TTP Entertainment

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected </p><p class=CT1V-RFL6-RSOM-W5IE" title="Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected 

CT1V-RFL6-RSOM-W5IE" width="150" height="40" src="http://static.copyrighted.com/images/seal.gif" />

© 2014 Cody Williams


Author's Note

Cody Williams
Probably not my best, but this was one that I started before and I had it on the back burner for a while now. I hope you guys enjoy it! Please leave comments and tell me what you think!

P.S. I have many more on the way! I have one that is not horror at all but more science fiction/historical fiction. Stay tuned!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

Definitely different but still rather twisted which seems to be your trademark lol :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

9 Years Ago

Thanks for reading!

-CW
Well, goes to show you have to be careful now days; the guy you make a negative comment to is just as likely to rip your face off as look at you; excellent!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Not a bad story, but you spent too much time with Travis at the pump and not enough time with the encounter.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Marie!

-CW
I like it to be honest but not as powerful as your other ones with extreme suspence . But nonetheless a realistic one that happens when you confront an abuser and a bully. You better call the cops or backup or else...bravo............

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Sami! I know it's not one of my better ones. I have far better ones on the way. I.. read more
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

I will...You know I like your work alot...:).....................
Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

That means a lot Sami! Thanks:)
A person may be inclined to think that you have a great deal of repressed anger ...and beyond that the story may be a petrol sniffing junkie's dream. But its a hellfire way of making the point about what a man expects at dinner. Viewed that way ... I'll have to say you bring a poignant and detailed view of rage ... in your own way ... expressed in the same qualities as its content. Refreshing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Dayran!

-CW
You need to give this one a thorough once over for grammar and spelling. Very confused by the ending. Who are the two men cheering?

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading KL! The two men cheering were the two men in the truck that shot up the place. I .. read more
Lyn Anderson

10 Years Ago

Paul, Travis, Wendy -- It took me three re-reads to catch that the man in the passenger seat partici.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

422 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 25, 2014
Last Updated on January 25, 2014
Tags: Gothic, horror, tragedy, Cody Williams

Author

Cody Williams
Cody Williams

Elizabethton, TN



About
I am in my second year at Carson-Newman University in Jefferson City, Tennessee were I major in instrumental music education and minor in English. My passions include playing the trombone/euphonium an.. more..

Writing