"The Biker"

"The Biker"

A Story by Cody Williams

“The Biker”

By Cody Williams

 

1.

It was dark. The moon light that had once lit up the sky had been hidden behind the tall trees that surrounded Mariam Waters as she continued to drive the old rusted out station wagon that she and her husband, Frank, bought when they first got married. Mariam scented her eyes to try to see farther but couldn’t. She reached up and flicked the black handle to the left of the steering wheel forward to turn on the high beams of the car. She could see far enough in front of her so that she felt comfortable again.

            Mariam glanced down at the clock that read 12:51 written in green digital letters and sighed.

            “Too late! It’s too late for somebody like me to be out here this late! It’s way past my f*****g bedtime!” She mumbled. “That stupid son of a b***h Crawford! Making me work this late! Who in the hell does he think he is?” Mariam asked herself aloud knowing that nobody would answer. “All because I wouldn’t bang him! I swear, if I had banged him like he wanted, I wouldn’t be out this f*****g late! I can damn near guarantee you that! I probably would never have to work again!” She continued.

“But Mariam Waters doesn’t roll that way. No! Not at all! I’m not just some cheep floosy!” Mariam said. She glanced into the rearview mirror and noticed that her long blond hair was tangled.

“And the son of a b***h messed my hair up by running his filthy mitts through it!” She said. Mariam let go of the wheel for a moment and continued to stare into the mirror as she ran her hands through her hair. Shortly after, she heard a loud thump and saw a glimpse of something hit her windshield. Mariam scrammed and quickly slammed on the brakes as she forced the car into PARK. She could feel her heart pounding through her chest and her hands were shaking terribly.

‘A deer! It was just a deer! Please God, let it just be a deer!’ She thought to herself almost terrified of what she would find out if she looked into the rearview mirror. Mariam closed her eyes for a moment and sat there just long enough for her to catch her breath. She slowly raised her head and opened her eyes as she looked into the rearview mirror. She could feel her heart sink at what she saw. There was a man (at least, she thought it was a man) lying in the road behind her. She could barely see him, a good indication that the man was indeed wearing all black.

“S**t!” She said under her breath. The driver sidecar door of the old station wagon swung open and Mariam stepped out. She slammed the door shut and slowly began to make her way towards the man lying in the road. Over to the side of the road there was a Triumph motorcycle with its kickstand down and a red gasoline can sitting behind it.

‘He must have run out of gas!’ She thought to herself as she approached the body. The man’s lap was on sideways and there were several cuts and burses on his face. One cut in particular caught her attention. The man’s left eyebrow was cut and hanging down over his closed eyelid. He was wearing all black. A black t-shirt, a pair of black jeans, complete with a leather jacket and pair of leather gloves on his hands.

Mariam could feel herself about to tear up as she placed her hand over her mouth. She looked around to see if anyone had seen but there was nobody around.

‘Good!’ she thought. Mariam looked at him for a moment. His eyes opened and his rotting hand reached up by the shirt.

“I’m going to get you! I’m going to get you b***h! Look at what you did to me!” The man growled. Mariam screamed and closed her eyes. She opened them back up and the man’s eyes were closed again. She stayed there and looked at the body a moment longer until she heard a car starting to come around the corner.

“S**t!” She said as she turned around and rand back to her car. Mariam quickly got in, slammed the door shut, and drove away from the scene.

 

2.

Mariam continued to drive as tears rolled down her face. She could feel herself starting to get sick, but she managed to put the thought out of her mind.

            “It’s not my fault!” Mariam decided. “I mean, the f****r was wearing all black at night! If it is anybody’s f*****g fault, it’s his!” She continued. Several thoughts ran through her mind.

            ‘How in the hell am I going to explain the dint in the hood of the car?’ She thought. She didn’t know the answer.

            “A deer! That’s it! I’ll tell everybody that I hit a deer! Maybe then Frank will get me a new f*****g car!” Mariam said. She smiled. It felt like that was the first time she had smiled in forever. Mariam continued to drive when something caught her eye in her rearview mirror. It was the biker she had hit standing in the middle of the road behind her.

            “How is that possible?” She asked before her front window shattered and two arms reached in and grabbed her by the throat. It was the biker.

            “You killed me b***h!” The biker roared with a raspy voice. Mariam screamed and quickly began to swerve back a forth hoping that the biker would let. He continued to hang on. “You killed me b***h! Now I’m going to kill you!” The biker shouted as he reached up and put one hand on her chin and the other behind her head. The biker turned her head around until he heard a loud crack sound and the woman quit resisting. The car quickly began to slow down as it eventually slowed to a halt.

            “That’s what you get b***h!” The biker said as he smiled and limped away finally disappearing into the darkness.


Copyright 2014 by Cody Williams
Courtesy of TRUE TERROR PUBLICATIONS
A division of TTP Entertainment
Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected <br>X0VV-XXSF-3M8N-BKCW

© 2014 Cody Williams


Author's Note

Cody Williams
I love motorcycles, but every time I drive by one, this thought enters my mind. I hope you all like it! Thanks for reading! Comments and reviews are welcome as always.

-CW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

No doubt its a thought shared by all bikers on the street ... when they engage cars on the road. Its simply too hard sometimes ... to notice the biker ... isn't it? Nice ...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

9 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Dayran!

-CW
A thriller of the night people in black dark rainy night Smoke cloud over the scene. The ladies in the wrong It would of burned on all day long. The dead cyclist did whats right scared the lady out of her wits. She gets it next time Wonderful write.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

9 Years Ago

Thanks for reading!

-CW
Some dark thoughts but relevant to motorcycle gangsters. I like the title a lot and I was looking for more action or dark events to unfold. Excellent...:)..................

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

9 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Sami!

-CW
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

You are welcome. Any time...Looking forward for the crime ones too...:)..........

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

317 Views
3 Reviews
Added on November 30, 2014
Last Updated on November 30, 2014
Tags: horror, thriller, hit and run, terror, fear, bicker, motorcycles, short story, prose, fiction, literature, Cody Williams

Author

Cody Williams
Cody Williams

Elizabethton, TN



About
I am in my second year at Carson-Newman University in Jefferson City, Tennessee were I major in instrumental music education and minor in English. My passions include playing the trombone/euphonium an.. more..

Writing