"The Lost Empire XIV: Through The Looking Glass"

"The Lost Empire XIV: Through The Looking Glass"

A Story by Cody Williams
"

The epic journey for The Lost Empire continues.

"

“Through The Looking Glass: A Lost Empire Story”

By Cody Williams

 

1.

James and the Kliq quickly approached the Golden City as they walked into city limits. They looked around in awe as the streets were paved with gold and the light bulbs in the streetlights were made of diamonds.

            “Wow! What is this place?” Lenora asked amazed.

            “It’s the Golden City! It’s beautiful!” Walter said. James, Lenora, Walter, Cain, and Bachman all stood there in silence and gazed upon the amazing city around them. “Look! There’s the Golden Castle!” Walter said as he pointed at a large golden building just down the main strip of the town. None of them could move. They just stood there taking in the Golden Castle in all its glory.

            “Come on! We got to go see the wizard!” Lenora said. She tool Walter by the hand and led him down the golden streets towards the castle as the rest of the Kliq followed.

            James looked around and the people who surrounded the streets of The Golden City. He noticed that when the Kliq approached the strangers of the town, the citizens became silent. They would stop mid sentence and glare at the outsiders and sometimes whisper madam things to one another as they passed by. He continued to watch them carefully as he lingered somewhat behind the rest of the Kliq.

            By the time the Kliq reached the golden gates of the front castle James began to notice that the villagers were indeed following them.

            “Walter, what the hell is going on? Why are these people following us?” James asked. Walter stopped for a moment and turned around to face the crowd of people behind them. He noticed that the expression on the townsman’s faces were not welcoming at all and were rather cold and threatening. He could almost hear them let out a growl.

            “Umm…can I help you all?” Walter asked as he slowly walked towards the crowd. Lenora, Cain, and Bachman turned around to face the crowd also. The crowd didn’t answer. They just continued to glare at James and the rest of the Kliq with smear on their faces. Walter looked back to James as if for once he did not have all the answers. They stood there in silence for a moment until one of the townsmen finally spoke out.

            “Where the hell do you think you guys are going?” Said the raspy voice of a man in the crowd. The man stepped out of the crowd and walked up to Walter. He was short. At the most he was nine feet and ten inches tall. The man was somewhat tubby and he had a rugged beard covering his face making up for the hair he had lost at the top of his head.

            “My name is Walter Bing! I come here with my friends Lenora, Cain the lion, Bachman, and James Thomas of Dillon! We have come to see the wizard!” Walter answered. The man just continued to glare at him with an angry look.

            “Nobody sees the wizard!” The man snapped back.

            “No please, you don’t understand!” Lenora started. The man reached up and put his hand over her mouth.

            “No sweet cheeks, you don’t understand. No outsiders are allowed to see the wizard! Period. Now I suggest you take your little walking orgy and piss off!” The mas said as he turned his back to them. The five of them looked at one another.

            “How are we going to recue Wilma?” Lenora asked as she began to tear up.

            “How are we going to stop Bloody Mary?” Walter asked. The man turned back around to face them and gave them a strange expression.

            “What do you know about Bloody Mary?” The man asked. The five just stood there and looked at him. “You wouldn’t happen to be the Kliq would you?” The man asked.

            “You’ve heard of us?” Walter asked suppressed.

            “Yeah! The wizard has been telling us about a prophecy. He told us that a group that calls themselves the Kliq will come and save us from the dreaded man in black and Bloody Mary!” The man said. He got down on his knees and bowed as the rest of the town followed.

            “My deepest apologies great brave and noble warriors!” The man said. “Please, go meet with the wizard. I’m sure that he would be more than glad to finally meet you!” The man said as he stood from the ground and pressed a red button that was on a pole. The golden gates slowly began to open and the Kliq walked inside.

            “Thank you so much!” Lenora said as she turned back and waved to the man.

            “You are welcome!” The man said as he waved back and the Kliq began to walk up the stairs to the front door of the castle.

 

2.

The front door of the Golden Castle swung open followed by a deep and loud voice saying, “ENTER!” The Kliq quickly entered the castle and began to look around.

            “Who has come to see the great and powerful Wizard to The Golden City?” The voice asked.

            “Us the Kliq!” James answered.

            “The Kliq?” A smaller voice said. A man stepped out from behind the curtain and walked towards them. “I can’t believe it! You have finally come!” The man said. He was wearing a black suit and his gray hair was neatly combed back.

            “We need to know what to do next! We need to know what our next move should be and how we finally get to Lowland!” Walter told them.

            “The turtle! He said that you could tell me if my sister Wilma is still alive! Is she?” Lenora asked as she pushed James and Walter aside.

            “She is. This I am sure of. What I’m not sure of is how much longer she will be!” The wizard asked. The man reached into his pocket and pulled out a perfectly round piece of glass. He handed it over to Lenora.

            “There take a look into the looking glass!” The wizard said. Lenora hesitated for a moment but then held the glass up to her right eye. What she saw was horrific. It was her sister striped nude and chained in a dungeon.

            “Please! Please let me go!” She could hear Wilma utter as she fell to her knees. Some naked man whose face was hid by the shadows of the darkness reached out and put a sack over her head just before the image disappeared.

            “No!” Lenora shouted. “What happened? What are they going to do to her?” Lenora demanded.

            “The same thing they have been using her for. To satisfy their sexual needs.” The Wizard answered.

            “You mean she?”

            “Yeah. She has been used as a sex slave for the Lowlanders. The b******s that serve Bloody Mary!” The Wizard answered. Lenora was quiet as she felt a tear roll down her face.

            “How do we get there to help her?” Walter asked.

            “The red door!” The wizard answered.

            “The…the…the red door?” Lenora stuttered. The Wizard took the looking glass from her and gave it to Walter.

            “Look into it!” He said as he nodded with approval. Walter did and what he saw was an empty field except for three doors. To the left there was a floating green door, to the right there was a floating blue door, and at the center there was a floating red door.

            “Where does each of these doors go?” Walter asked.

            “The green door will return James to Dillon, if he chooses to go there. The blue door will return you, Walter, to your home, and the red door will take you to the one and only Lowland. It is now your choice to complete the prophecy. The time has come.” The wizard said. The group looked at each other in silence for a moment and then looked back at the Wizard.

            “How do we get there?” Cain asked him.

            “It’s down the road about a mile isn’t it?” Bachman asked. The wizard nodded. “I’ve been there before with the man in black! Come on! We need to get a move on!” Bachman said as he led the group out of the castle.

            “Yeah! That’s right! You better beat him there! The man in black is still alive!” The wizard mumbled under his breath as the quest for the Lost Empire continues.


Copyright 2014 By Cody Williams
Courtesy of The Enchanted Press
A division of TTP Entertainment
Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected <br>O8Z9-JMOH-X2KT-WWYB

© 2014 Cody Williams


Author's Note

Cody Williams
The quest for the Lost Empire continues. This story will be followed by two more projected installments ("The Red Door" and "The Last Battle of Lowland"). Stay tuned, and thanks for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"The wizard has been telling us about a prophecy. He told us that a group that calls themselves the Kliq will come and save us from the dreaded man in black and Bloody Mary!” The man said. He got down on his knees and bowed as the rest of the town followed.
“My deepest apologies great brave and noble warriors!” The man said. “Please, go meet with the wizard. I’m sure that he would be more than glad to finally meet you!” The man said as he stood from the ground and pressed a red button that was on a pole. The golden gates slowly began to open and the Kliq walked inside.

I like this a lot. Rescuing a sex slave by the Kliq. Very imaginative and relevant to our times. Excellent...:)...................

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

9 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Sami!

-CW
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

You are welcome muchly...:)..........................



Reviews

"Some naked man whose face was hid by the shadows of the darkness reached out and put a sack over her head just before the image disappeared.
“No!” Lenora shouted. “What happened? What are they going to do to her?” Lenora demanded.
“The same thing they have been using her for. To satisfy their sexual needs.” The Wizard answered.
“You mean she?”

Posted 9 Years Ago


"The wizard has been telling us about a prophecy. He told us that a group that calls themselves the Kliq will come and save us from the dreaded man in black and Bloody Mary!” The man said. He got down on his knees and bowed as the rest of the town followed.
“My deepest apologies great brave and noble warriors!” The man said. “Please, go meet with the wizard. I’m sure that he would be more than glad to finally meet you!” The man said as he stood from the ground and pressed a red button that was on a pole. The golden gates slowly began to open and the Kliq walked inside.

I like this a lot. Rescuing a sex slave by the Kliq. Very imaginative and relevant to our times. Excellent...:)...................

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

9 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Sami!

-CW
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

You are welcome muchly...:)..........................

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

298 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 30, 2014
Last Updated on November 30, 2014
Tags: fantasy, science fiction, horror, dark fantasy, short story, prose, fiction, Cody Williams, Lost Empire

Author

Cody Williams
Cody Williams

Elizabethton, TN



About
I am in my second year at Carson-Newman University in Jefferson City, Tennessee were I major in instrumental music education and minor in English. My passions include playing the trombone/euphonium an.. more..

Writing