Depression Is

Depression Is

A Poem by Coffeefiend10

Depression is finding no joy in something that was once your passion, your reason for getting out of bed.

It's feeling hungry but not having the desire to eat, and even if you do, the food has no flavor.

It's looking around you as you sit on the couch, seeing the mess that is your home, unwashed dishes from a week ago, floors in desperate need of cleaning.

It's not remembering the last time you yourself had a shower and changed your clothes.

It's desperately hoping someone will knock on the door to check on you, just to know someone does actually care, but no desire to open that door when they do.

Depression, for some, is merely a passing acquaintance, a brief encounter that will never be seen again.

For others, he is a constant companion, a darkness that follows your every move and lives in your head, some have a long distance relationship and meet up every now and then for a coffee then part ways for months or years on end.

Then, there's the heated "on again, off again" relationship, coasting along in life fairly well, with the "long distance" relationship going on.

Always busy, out with friends and family, making the most of sunny days in the gardens, doing everything you love, using every moment of the day to the fullest, then, out of the blue, it's all on.

Everything stops.

Full shutdown.

No desire for anything.

To see anyone.

To go anywhere.

The worst thing about his one, is that, people notice you're not around at home as much, but just think you've found something to do, are busy somewhere, so don't check in.

Weeks can pass before anyone realizes something is wrong, and by that time, they're in so deep that that, sometimes, they don't come out.

© 2018 Coffeefiend10


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

well that's a thorough insight, someone once asked what depression was, now i know what to say

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

440 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 28, 2018
Last Updated on August 28, 2018

Author

Coffeefiend10
Coffeefiend10

New Zealand



About
Single Mum to a gorgeous 10 yr old boy with Autism. more..

Writing