Absolutes

Absolutes

A Story by ColorfullyGray
"

Not much of a story but more a story than anything else in the list.

"
Sometimes, no matter where you are, the world seems so small. Even if you were to be plopped down in the middle of a calm ocean, surrounded by hundreds of miles of water, you’re left with a feeling of claustrophobia. The only absolute thing in this world is yourself. No other thing is true, no matter what you see or hear. Every bit of knowledge you have is based on blind faith in your senses. That blind faith is what runs the world. Blind faith in your mind. Blind faith in God. Blind faith in science. What reason is there for us to believe anything? Because it works. Civilization, man’s beautifully ugly mix of chaos and order, has existed for thousands of years because it works. The funniest part of it all is that our blind faith in religion, science, and philosophy, the faith that brought us together, tears the human race apart every day. Men are killed every day because the same god is in two different books. Lives are threatened every day because science has edged us closer and closer to a global nuclear holocaust. Fear. Fear conquers the lives of many. Fear for safety. Fear of the man who watches over us, whether that man be the government or God. Fear drives. Fear built the great wall. Fear killed Hitler. Within yourself, the only absolute, is fear: the only absolute. You are fear. What is fear? Fear is that dreaded feeling inside. The feeling of swimming underneath the sands. The feeling of a cold nothing. Fear is constantly with you, whether you acknowledge his presence or not. Death. Death brings this fear to you. Death is the absolute that ends the absolute. Nothing is truly true, except you, fear, and death. Man exists because of death. Fear of death drives you to live. Fear of death created religion. Fear of death created civilization. Death’s cold, ragged smile echoes in your brain every second you think about her. The sole existence of death strikes like the stare of the black eyes of night. You know nothing about her, and this is why she drives your fear. You are owned by, a slave to, death. You work to prolong life, avoiding death. Why live just to die? There is no absolute that you will go to heaven and meet a God. There is no absolute that you will go to hell and meet Satan. There is no absolute that you will be born again. There is only that you will die, and your life will have withered away into nothing. We live to die because we fear death. Absolutes exist because of absolutes, but that means nothing. Absolutes mean nothing. Nothing has meaning, except death. Death is enlightenment. Death opens the blind eyes of the closed by closing the eyes of the open. Once you are enveloped into the cold embrace of death, you either know what is truly absolute, or you know nothing. You either ascend, or you are erased. Death concludes or continues, but neither is absolute. Only death is absolute.

© 2017 ColorfullyGray


Author's Note

ColorfullyGray
Ignore grammar, structure, and flow. I only want your opinions about my feelings. Also if someone could tell me what genre this actually is, I'd appreciate that.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I wouldn't call it fiction, more of a narrative essay perhaps? I like it though. It has a raw stream of consciousness vibe about it that I'm partial to.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
1 Review
Added on July 14, 2017
Last Updated on July 14, 2017

Author

ColorfullyGray
ColorfullyGray

About
I don't write to make sense or to inspire. I write for myself. more..

Writing
Blank Blank

A Story by ColorfullyGray