Chimes In The Wind

Chimes In The Wind

A Poem by Comanche

Chimes In the Wind


I come from afar and over this land.
From the mountains and hilltops
And beaches of beautiful white sand.

 

I fly and I play, up and down I go.
Round and round in the sky I do fly.
No care or purpose to it that I know.

 

Down in the meadow and up in the trees
I must constantly be on the go.
Going and going as far as I please.

 

No one to bind me I’m free to be me.
Moving over this land and it’s beauty
From the great prairie to blue/green sea.

 

Then do I hear it……a beautiful sound.
A Sound so wonderful and angelic I hear.
This sound I must seek, it must be found.

 

Through heat and cold I do travel.
Seeking the source of the beautiful sound.
This mystery of sound I will unravel.

 

From the mountain to the valley I sweep.
Now I hear the sound more clearly,
So beautiful as to make the angels weep.

 

I see a building old and in need of repair
And on a beam of old wood tied my goal.
It’s the maker of music so sweet in my air.

 

Wind Chime Poem/ResizedMedium


I spin all around them greeting chimes as in song.
Caressing each tube ringing out like never before.
This chime has waited to sing for so long.

 

The sounds are so lovely in rhythm they ring.
Low notes and high notes they ring clear and loud.
Songs of the heavens and earth do we sing.

 

I dance and I dance as we make music so sweet,
For this wonderful sound I could stay too long
And make love to the chimes oh, what a treat.

 

But, such a thing cannot be for me this day.
There are many more places for me to see.
I must leave with a tear and be on my way.

 

Our ringing has covered this land in these times.
I will never forget the musical magic we made.
Just me and these lonely wonderful chimes.

© 2009 Comanche


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a wonderful piece of writing.. the wind has such incredible power, gentle one day, rough the next.. songs singing in whispers or songs singing to the world. I love the way you've described its travels all around our world, then its discovery of the chimes -' I dance and I dance as we make music so sweet, For this wonderful sound I could stay too long And make love to the chimes oh, what a treat.' that is such a beautiful thought. But, yes the wind moves on but, remembering.

Your words write a myth.. and it's very lovely.

(I love wind chimes, have various sizes, so when the wind blows through my garden it's like an orchestra or band!)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I adore wind chimes.. I remember how magical I thought they were when I was a child. I think I still do. *smile* This poem was truly beautiful.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Beauty in nature this piece is so full of wonderful images. I like the claming peace it sends. Amazing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Your poem shows what beauty can come when nature and man work together and create something brings harmony for all to appreciate... a captivating piece of writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh yes that was really nice ,i am glad I was told about this..
how you took me there with you,to the widespread lands,to the mountains and hilltops and
Beautiful sands,for we are free souls and we just like keep journeying all around..never stopping long at one place
for we want to explore ..
then i hear a sound ,its the wind going through holes grooves ,going up and then slipping down at speed...
she is like panting and her voice is like a whistling ,high and low tones..its music ..like a big symphony..
some note will take you high and you lose your feelings ,only then there come the other notes,like
to bring you down to earth and realty ..only to rise up to high tunes and then down again..
how i loved this my friend ..what a wonderful musical dreamy write..how i enjoyed this..
lovely write..

Posted 15 Years Ago


You have brought the wind and the chimes together in such a beautiful, yet playful way that I liken their meeting to a rendevous of destiny. The wind just blows along, journeying through the mountains and hilltops, to beaches, moving without purpose until it happens to find the silent chimes. As they meet, the air explodes with sounds that you liken to songs of the Heaven and the earth.....how lovely!

The way you describe their coming together, one would think that it is a meeting of chance, yet when thought about, the chimes actually are just an ordinary object until joined by the wind. The two must "work" together to create what we know as the clanging, and chiming of sounds that mesmerize listeners such as myself! As the wind caresses each tube as never before, I can just close my eyes and hear them, lost in a grand adventure of the senses.

You have many delightful phrases in this, and your rhyme scheme is well executed
.
This is yet another write to elicit a proclamation of "Well Done!.....with a thank you for sharing your talent!!

Sheila





Posted 15 Years Ago


I love the elements of nature you bring alive in your poetry. I can envision a bird searching for the source of the music. You have captured my imagination with this one too. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Is this the Terza Rima format?: a-b-a, b-c-b, c-d-c, ...etc.?
My only critique here might be the lack of breadth in your adjectives: SO long, SO lovely, SO loud, SO sweet. I would recommend in future verse a little more allegory, a little more metaphor. Also, "angels" is misspelled.
As to the content, though, I am quite taken by the picture you paint. Would that more of us could be so taken up in the simple observations of the beauty around us!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 7, 2009
Last Updated on May 9, 2009

Author

Comanche
Comanche

OH



Writing
LONGING LONGING

A Poem by Comanche


The Spider The Spider

A Poem by Comanche



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..