The Promised Song

The Promised Song

A Story by Allegra Patkos
"

This is about a boy who promised to write a song for a girl, but never got the chance to show her it, because she broke up with him. Yeah idk.

"
He had made a promise, and by now he knew he wouldn't be able to keep it.
"Please please please," she begged, her long slender hands settling lightly on his chest, "please will you show me? I'm sure you're better at the guitar than you're letting on." He smiled with small and shy lips, knowing she was was right -- but still not good enough to impress her. They stood together in his parents kitchen, only the sounds of his little sisters T.V. show in the next room and the laundry running to disturb their moment. His arms were wound around her small waist, keeping her held against him.

Compared to him she was so small, like a child, although she was just tall enough to reach his lips as she curled her hands to gently pull his shirt and himself towards her. 
"How about now?" She deviously grinned, shifting slightly away. He oscillated his head several times from side to side, slow and exaggerated. She pulled him down for another touch of the lips, and he obliged with little resistance. "Now?" She said as she cocked her head to the side and raised her eyebrows. He shook his head just slightly, his disposition quickly deteriorating. Knowing this, she placed her delicate hand behind his neck and went for the kill. "And, now?" She drawled. She knew his every predilection. She'll be the death of me.
"Okay fine, but not now. Let me prepare something first."
"Promise?"
"Promise."
Victorious, she broke with a smile, detached herself, and got a glass of water.

~~~

A month had passed and the memory haunted him. He idly thought how funny it was that that face could look so serene and joyful in that one moment, and then with so little time in between, so pitying and mournful in the next, her every word a lament. He sat with his guitar on his lap, cautiously picking it up with a sigh, and setting it back in the case. He never did get the chance to show her that song.

© 2013 Allegra Patkos


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on July 24, 2013
Last Updated on July 24, 2013
Tags: short story, story, relationship, breakup, music, guitar

Author

Allegra Patkos
Allegra Patkos

Philadelphia, PA



About
Forgetful me. more..

Writing