Repurposed

Repurposed

A Poem by Commanda Panda

It’s been so long since I let this creature out.

He hasn’t seen the sun, and I’m not sure if he should really see it now.

The years feel like too many for me to count.

Everywhere that I turned ended up in dead ends and endless doubt.

But a new path has been lit up and you were found.

You took my hand and the creature began to pound.

It was then that I began to overstand that I wasn’t a number,

I am a proper noun.

© 2013 Commanda Panda


Author's Note

Commanda Panda
For R.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You are always the intriguing writer. I find such interesting little bits and pieces, and little nuances in your writing that I am never disappointed. I like the idea of the "proper noun"...what is a proper noun anyway, I mean metaphorically? See, I think too much. Anyway, interesting piece!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You are always the intriguing writer. I find such interesting little bits and pieces, and little nuances in your writing that I am never disappointed. I like the idea of the "proper noun"...what is a proper noun anyway, I mean metaphorically? See, I think too much. Anyway, interesting piece!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

We can surprise ourselves with the finding of lost things, sometimes, if we listen hard enough and open to it. Isn't that what we seek each other for, as writers?

The proper noun concept resonates strongly with me. I cannot tell how many times I have walked into a room certain that every other person in that room was more qualified than I, and had more right to be there. Even in this little patch of the world, a writer's site. And I always let the best ones go from my life, feeling they deserved better.

quick style question: is the tense shift in the last two lines intentional? It feels a little jarring.



Posted 10 Years Ago


Marie Anzalone

10 Years Ago

so past becomes present, and we become the future, too? (I forget where I know that misquote from)
Commanda Panda

10 Years Ago

Time doesn't just go forward.
Marie Anzalone

10 Years Ago

Long Day's Journey Into Night. Knew I'd remember it eventually. That was the point of the play.. tha.. read more
you are beautiful :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Commanda Panda

10 Years Ago

I prefer dashing. You're hot, too. Gimme some lovin'!
Emily B

10 Years Ago

ahhhhh, lots o'kisses

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 18, 2013
Last Updated on July 18, 2013

Author

Commanda Panda
Commanda Panda

DE



About
Commanda Panda is a screenwriter and owner of indie film company Commanda Panda Productions. At one time he was more of a poet and lyric writer, but now he only writes poems and lyrics from time to ti.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..