Wavelengths

Wavelengths

A Poem by Commanda Panda

I am dead. But this is neither heaven nor hell, nor is it limbo.

I am not reincarnated.

I’m just not me.

The living always want the dead to come back and tell them what death is like, but they never do, and I know why.

They are with those same people right now.

I can see the curiosity in your eyes. Even though you are here with me you still want me to explain.

Even though we now have a hive mind you still want me to speak.

Very well. Let’s start with the basics.

Time and space do not move in a linear motion. It actually folds in on itself.

There is no past, present or future.

Here is there.

When we are children we see the universe through unadulterated eyes. We instinctively know the true patterns of time. We are carefree because we know that very few things really matter.

But when we age something shifts and we become dull.

As a grown man I have remembered what I was supposed to forget, and that is why I lie semi-catatonic looking up at the stars.

As a fetus I look up. As a child I look up. As a man in his prime… As an old man… As a dead man…

I cut a hole in space/time to defy the scared and unevolved; rejected their explanations given through religion and their secular work.

People used to ask me how I’d get by. They used to ask me why I’m wasting my life.

They’ve long stopped asking. I think they realize the truth; I am not the wasteful one, and it scares them.

One day I lie out in the open and close my eyes, and suddenly the voices disappear.

The uncomprehending faces disappear.

I open my eyes and you are here. I instinctively know I belong because I can hear thousands of thoughts in unison with my own.

I am dead and I am warm.

© 2013 Commanda Panda


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am in love with this piece, 10/10

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Commanda Panda

10 Years Ago

Thanks for stopping by.
Adam M. Snow

10 Years Ago

Anytime my friend
Many attuned cultures believe that we must, as adult humans, experience a period of death, of jettison, of recovery back to the source in order to process and move forward. When the ground below your feet is in upheaval, looking at a fixed point in the stars helps immensely. So do knowing there are those select few in your life willing to walk on shifting ground with you, and come out through to the other side. Time travelers have always been those willing to simply listen with an open mind and heart to imagine what all life and age is like at once. It is like looking into Borges' Aleph; where a man can see at once all of the possibilities that ever existed, simultaneously. And then finding the place where infinities have a likelihood of crossing, perhaps.

Sorry this took me so long to come back to, my friend. Words have failed me for two weeks, so I have stayed away for a while. The ground has been shifting here, a lot. Thanks for being there for me in all the ways you have been. We should collab some time on some project or other.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Commanda Panda

10 Years Ago

You know where to find me. My poetry voice has been a bit weak lately, though.
Marie Anzalone

10 Years Ago

Mine has been completely silenced, lately. This, too, shall pass. You know where to find me.
Taking this one in upon a second reading, will be back soon with a real review.

Posted 10 Years Ago


this is beyond, your voice soars

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 21, 2013
Last Updated on July 21, 2013

Author

Commanda Panda
Commanda Panda

DE



About
Commanda Panda is a screenwriter and owner of indie film company Commanda Panda Productions. At one time he was more of a poet and lyric writer, but now he only writes poems and lyrics from time to ti.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..