Life Is Precious

Life Is Precious

A Story by Connor
"

A story about a boy who needed help with the way he thought about life and got the help from a passing man who told him a quote which he stuck to throughout his life.

"

Walking down a lonely, dark road with only trees to protect me from the wet, cold weather. A man froze beneath a tree less than 3 feet away with nothing in his hands accept for a book, a book for anyone who had problems lying down hard on to their shoulders. The first page of the book read “Is the world against you or are you against the world?”. I wasn't part of a group or any type of gang; I was just a boy who somehow ended up in a life that led to distress and torture for everyone around me. My life was filled of deep, depressed thoughts. I never spoke about my feelings to those in the world; my music was what gave me the energy to guide me through my long life days.


The world was unknown to the thoughts that scattered briefly around my head. Who should and who could or talk to about the way I felt. When my music was on the rest of the world was locked out, no one could interact with me. From the moment I woke up to the moment I went to sleep my music saved my life. I walked back through the lonely, dark road thinking about the quote. It was then that I realized if I could change my opinion of the world and the way I act around the things in the world, that maybe my life would be better.

So from that day I put a smile on face and a joyful spring in my words. My family had noticed that from no-where I had become a happier person that what I was previously. My Whole life was affected just by a simple quote in a book, which was given to me via a man who saw how I was feeling inside. From the moment I read that quote, I memorized it throughout my child hood. There was no moment through my life that the quote was never used, in every situation I was in that quote always game me the energy to carry on my day.


I would no longer wake up and skip breakfast. I would no longer walk alone down the road, for once I felt like my life meant something but before I knew it, this whole situation was soon over because a new boy had re-joined my school. He wasn't the type of boy who would forgive people for their mistakes. I walked up to him one day and said the quote and before I knew it I was no longer apart of this world. I woke up in a hospital bed because that boy didn't realize what that quote meant and how much it could have helped him. He just had to think deeply about it but instead he gave me the beating that took all the joyful, happy energy out of my life and put me back to where I first started. Walking alone down a road while rain poured on to my head rapidly and the cold weather pushed against my skin.


I thought was this quote only meant for me or did the quote have an expiry date on that led me back to my old self. I never found out what happened to that boy and how he later on turned out but I  turned out to be a boy who could express his feelings towards his family and friends and now all the people I care about all know how I feel and they have helped others affected by the same way I was.

If you ever feel ashamed, bullied or left out from this world always remember that somewhere out there is someone who is caring and looking out for you. No one is ever alone.

“Is the world against you or are you against the world?”

© 2014 Connor


Author's Note

Connor
This is only one of three posts I've done that I will be posting. I haven't really, ever done anything like this before so if it's not up to your satisfactory could you please tell me in a polite manner.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Connor, this is the most inspiring and delightful piece I have read so far. All too often writing is used as a cheap relief valve to let off steam, rarely reaching the heights of which human spirit is capable. Unfortunately evil is rampant and appears to be winning. Wish more people were like you. Thank you for sharing this profound elevation of the human soul. Rare indeed.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Connor, this is the most inspiring and delightful piece I have read so far. All too often writing is used as a cheap relief valve to let off steam, rarely reaching the heights of which human spirit is capable. Unfortunately evil is rampant and appears to be winning. Wish more people were like you. Thank you for sharing this profound elevation of the human soul. Rare indeed.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 18, 2014
Last Updated on August 18, 2014
Tags: Connor Addison, Life Is Precious, CA, 2014, Short Story, Story

Author

Connor
Connor

King's Lynn, Norfolk, United Kingdom



About
Just a random 16 year old boy writing stories. Follow me on Twitter: @ConnorAddison2 more..

Writing
Low Low

A Story by Connor