Answered Prayers

Answered Prayers

A Story by Constance Payne
"

What If???

"

Sally sipped her first beer, getting just a tiny warm feeling. Carl encouraged her to drink a little faster. After three she was feeling great, laughing and dancing around the bon fire as if she were a gypsy queen. Suddenly her toe caught on the edge of a long tree branch that was out of the fire just bit too far. Sally felt herself falling but was not able to stop. Screams filled the air, Sally was not sure if they were coming from her or her friends. She felt something cold splash on her and hand grab her legs. She could hear the scream of the sirens nearing. She could hear crying. When the paramedics got to her she could hear the words they were saying but did not understand. 

"What the hell is wrong with you people, do you think it is funny to call us out here for nothing. This girl is not burnt." The paramedic looked at the officer standing there and stated flatly. "We will press charges for a fake ambulance call." 
Sally was hand cuffed and taken to the police station. She was allowed to make her one phone call so she called her mom's cell phone. 
A strange voice answered.
"Who is this?" Sally said "why do you have my mom's cell?"
The woman on the other end gathered information about Sally and ask to speak with the officer in charge.
Sally handed the phone to the Sargent in charge and watched his face as he listened intently to the person speaking. He knelt before Sally and grasp her hands in his.
"I am afraid I have some bad news, this evening you mother had an accident in the kitchen. She caught fire and was burned very badly. She is in intensive care at Barnes Hospital. I will take you there now." Removing her handcuffs, he placed her in the car and drove her to see her mother.
Sally walked into the room and looked at her mother. She was covered in burns with only her mouth and right eye visible. She heard her mother whisper in a raspy voice. "I prayed that I would take all the pain of whatever happened to you at that party. I love you Sally"...........

© 2015 Constance Payne


Author's Note

Constance Payne
This was prompted by a writer's suggestion: write a paragraph that will make a teen think about the way they are living their life.....I never did follow all the rules.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on January 8, 2015
Last Updated on January 8, 2015
Tags: life, osmosis, what if

Author

Constance Payne
Constance Payne

Saint James, MO



About
I am an Inspirational Photographer who desires to change her small part of the world. I aspire to inspire. I am a Master's Student in Community Counseling. I am who I am and that is all that I can .. more..

Writing