"How will I Know I'm in love?"

"How will I Know I'm in love?"

A Poem by CookeCody

You'll know you're in love when your world becomes a shade or two brighter. When all you can think of is that someone, when everything reminds you of them, as if their presence has snowed from heaven and covered everything, everything in a layer of white resemblance, that's when you'll know you're in love. Tomorrow won't be what it was before, it will be another chance to be even happier than you were today. Their skin will be silk-smoother than promises made in passion, and softer than the words spoken in those promises. You'll find yourself wanting to smile more.
If you've never flown before, love gives you your first pair of wings.
Daydreams will bloom into gardens of not only realistic potential but obtainable certainty, flowering with picture-perfect images of you at that someone's nose, sharing each other's breath and time. Any simple memories you have of them, you'll find, will be glazed in a golden innocence; or, if the memories are bad, forgiveness will be stamped upon them with no discrimination. No matter how your face looks, you'll always have the sensation of a toothless, helpless grin in your heart. You'll know you're in love when troubling things make sense to you, because how could there be anything wrong in a world with them in it?
The stars will be but a painting signed with their name and given to you.
Your days and weeks and time itself will no longer be measured with trivial things such as the sun and moon; time will hover around the two of you, harmless and stunned, watching but not waiting. You'll look at art in all its variations and search for that someone because now all forms of beauty drip from their fingers like honey.
You'll know you're in love when your lips never forget theirs.

© 2016 CookeCody


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews



Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
1 Review
Added on October 30, 2016
Last Updated on November 28, 2016
Tags: Love, comma, attention, advertisement

Author

CookeCody
CookeCody

Sulphur, LA



About
CookeCody more..

Writing