Some of The Best Bad Feelings

Some of The Best Bad Feelings

A Poem by CookeCody

The pride you feel when you see a room full of people not as good as you at something.

The tightening pain in the middle of your breast after running and jumping and sprinting and turning and hollering into the wind.

The satisfaction of evading authority and punishment.

The addictive, calm simplicity of spending several isolated days alone without friends or family.

The carefree mess of an unattended schedule or list of responsibilities.

The heavy weight of your gut and eyelids after a long night of celebration in the name of life.

The sliver of joy you feel when a close friend meets misfortune that you feel they deserve.

The heart-racing uncertainty of a dark room.

The excitement of doing something that, although you know you shouldn't be doing it, makes you certain that you want to do it.

Watching consequences that you predicted occur, even harmful consequences.

Not sleeping.

Saying goodbye to something or someone that was with you for the best and worst of times.

Nostalgia.

That extra delicacy you vainly promised yourself you wouldn't indulge in.

Chasing something that'll always be just faster than you.

The slow haziness of a lazy, wasted day.

A fogged mind and coughing lungs and a burned throat and happy times.

Lying in bed all day.

The period of time in which you take part in a sin.

Certain simple melancholies.

© 2016 CookeCody


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on November 14, 2016
Last Updated on November 14, 2016
Tags: Bad, good, poem, happiness

Author

CookeCody
CookeCody

Sulphur, LA



About
CookeCody more..

Writing