That Damned Feeling

That Damned Feeling

A Poem by CookeCody
"

I don't think this means all that much

"
That Feeling

Ever had a feeling that something great was about to happen? Like you just stepped into an amazing opportunity and all of your dreams were about to unfold at your feet? It could be something as simple as a text back from that cute girl or an anonymous compliment on your talents, but have you ever felt that pull of prediction? But then, since you're convinced that this is it and this is your shot, you start dwelling on it, delving into the futuristic particulars of your case, fabricating the ideal outcome, right? And this perfect picture that was hinted at is now a fully functioning society in your head? But hey, you know that nothing ever goes exactly your way, don't you? So when your "ideal outcome" doesn't happen, and your opportunity resigns to the past, and your shot turns to smoke, aren't you just so thrown off by the result? So what, things like that happen, don't they? Life just goes on, doesn't it? But isn't it your fault? Wasn't it you in the first place that aimed yourself so high so that when the time came to be launched your fall was extraordinary? Or was it the will of some super-conscious being that put a stop to your expectations just because of the unrealistic plot you were conjuring? Sounds silly, doesn't it? That something like this would be left to the judgment and manufacturing of something like that? But isn't anything possible? Well then, the impossible happens too, doesn't it? What takes its place when it leaves? I think you did.

© 2017 CookeCody


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on January 26, 2017
Last Updated on January 26, 2017

Author

CookeCody
CookeCody

Sulphur, LA



About
CookeCody more..

Writing