Because It Is

Because It Is

A Story by Anelec L'lehcor H'Tims

She crept along the dark street, trying to hide in the shadows. The cold was biting and the wind was brisk. She fought hard to keep her jacket closed. She hit a familiar corner, sniffed a familiar shelf. She knew she was where she was summoned.

“You’re here,” said a voice rough and irritable.

“Yes,” she replied almost silently, “as I said I would be.”

“You know what to do.”

The man was unusually heavy and dressed for the weather. His eyes gleamed as he watched the girl take off her jacket and get on her knees. He used her to block his only exposed limb from the cold. He’d slap her when she responded to the cold. The girl worked hard to keep her unclad body form shivering.

When the man had reached his point he shoved her away, zipped up his pants, reached in his pocket, and dropped his payment. The girls eyes filled with tears as she watched the coins drop to the ground and the man walked away.

The rent was due and she was cold. There was no way to be sure the entire payment was there. And she was sure it wasn’t. She refused to cry, she felt she was too strong.

She slinked back into the shadows and walked with her head hung low.

There has to be a better way.

© 2011 Anelec L'lehcor H'Tims


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on October 7, 2011
Last Updated on October 7, 2011

Author

Anelec L'lehcor H'Tims
Anelec L'lehcor H'Tims

Augusta, GA



About
i am a very excited person most of the time, but i can get very deep into the "finer things of life." I'd like to know the thinking processes for homo sapien, despite its level of difficulty to obtain.. more..

Writing