"I Hate You"

"I Hate You"

A Story by Hanna Arenstein
"

A conversation

"
“I hate you."

"Are you sure that's not the alcohol talking?"

"People say the truth comes out when you're drunk."

"That's cute. You're cute, sweetheart."

"Damn. I was going for an intimidating and vaguely threatening.”

"Babe, can yo"”

“Don’t call me babe.”

"You’re the cutest, baby.”

“Really? The cutest? Are you sure? I mean, have you seen my dog? And didn't I just tell you not to call me baby?"

"You did. You did just say that."

“You’re such an a*****e.”

“Thanks, I try. By the way, are you trying to win this little debate? Because I have an answer for everything, so you won't win."

“That’s not fair!”

“Life’s not fair. You’d better get used to it, sweetheart.”

"That had nothing to do with our conversation, so I don't think that counts as a comeback."

"Back to why I originally came over to get you, you left your phone in the bathroom and Libby called. She says you need to come home because she needs to tell you something important. So can you please put down the red solo cup so I can take you home?"

"I can drive myself!"

"No, you can't. You're drunk."

"I am not!"

"Yes, Livvy, you are."

"Prove it!"

"Touch your right pointer finger to your nose."

"There! Did it!" 

"That's your cheek...and that's your eye...that's your forehead... and your chin - look, just let me drive you home, alright?!"

© 2017 Hanna Arenstein


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A good conservation. I liked the challenge and the ending. A very good story told. Did she drive?
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 2, 2017
Last Updated on April 3, 2017
Tags: talk, sweet, funny, humor, drunk

Author

Hanna Arenstein
Hanna Arenstein

Chicago, IL



About
I say I write fiction because I write multiple kinds of fiction. Suspense fiction, fiction about assassins, romance fiction, LGTBQ+ fiction. I just like writing fiction because I can create anyone I w.. more..

Writing