Iris the Relatable

Iris the Relatable

A Story by Why Nori

And so it was; Iris was dead. To be quiet frank I never really liked her. She was always outspoken, and most of the time that is completely fine with me, but this woman was a disease. She spoke with the intelligence of a new born, always dribbling incoherent information to make benign points.

The only reason I even attend her service was for the vigil; it was being held at the Odd Milk a fondue restaurant on the outskirts of the city. And as I sat at the table waiting for the liquid cheese delight, listening to the many over embellished anecdotal retellings of stories making her seem witty, fun, and charming; I could not help but remind to myself how she was none of those.

Then they called on me, I subtly cleared my throat preparing myself for the excrement of the putrid lies of the woman known as Iris; as I did the server brought over the molten churned distraction and I breathed a sigh of relief. The meal was quiet enjoyable especially when silence interrupted the incisive chit chat leaving most of the group feeling awkward, and me content. You see I don't mind people in fact one could hardly seek anything more than I sought after stimulating conversation. Most of my time was spent alone with someone who got exactly what I was saying; myself.

 I got home and popped open a bottle of red wine and began to drink. I sat down on my arm chair and cracked open the book on the end table I had been enjoying as of late. I kept reading until my eye lids were heavier than I cared to carry. I made my way upstairs with the wine in one hand to my bedroom. I sat the nearly empty red down on the nightstand next to my bed and made my way to the telescope pointing towards the blackened sky. I gazed into it and pointed it towards Andromeda. This once Nubulian menace was forever approaching the milky way and like happiness and I, I wouldn't be around when the two meet. That night I dreamt of future and past mistakes leaving me a little more miserable when I woke up than I was the night before; realizing Iris was the lucky one.

 

 

© 2014 Why Nori


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

"but this women" should be "but this woman"
"And as I sat at the table waiting for the liquid cheese delight, listening to the many over embellished anecdotal retellings of stories making her seem witty, fun, and charming;" - incomplete sentence
"I subtlety cleared" - should be "subtly". Subtlety is a noun.
I recommend breaking this into paragraphs.
Thank you for using a readable font.
I like the perspective of the protagonist and you have a way of hooking in the reader with your first line.

Nice to meet you :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


Why Nori

9 Years Ago

Thank you. Changes made.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
1 Review
Added on February 27, 2014
Last Updated on June 10, 2014

Author

Why Nori
Why Nori

new york, NY



About
Primal X is what we would be discussing about today, which is powerful male enhancement formula to trigger up virility, vitality and vigor among men. The supplement is available without a prescription.. more..

Writing