MixMatched Converse

MixMatched Converse

A Story by Cotton Ball
"

I didn't like him, I swear I don't, which would explain why my stomach wasn't supposed to flip, nor were my eyes supposed to linger on his lips... so tell me, why were they? Oneshot.

"

“He is not hot,” She told her friends firmly, “I mean look at him.” At once all three of their eyes moved towards the body that was laying on the picnic table bench, his feet crossed and his hands behind his head. He was wearing one black Converse and one red Converse, faded blue jeans and a black hooded sweatshirt. His black hair was swept to the side, a pair of headphones covering his ears.

 

“Well I think he is, what sane girl would NOT want that?” Amber commented after a moment of looking him up and down. Amber’s blue eyes turned to Jason, “even you, as a male can see this!” Jason rose an eyebrow at her, and then shook his head.

 

“He is not hot.” Was all Jessie said while Jason preferred not to give a verbal answer in fear that it would be held against him in the future.

Little did they know, mix-matched Converse boy’s music was starting a new song, leaving Jessie’s comment to reach him. “Wait, what?” He said confusedly, but none of them heard him

 

“Jessie, I don’t see how you don’t think he is hot, he’s better, he’s f*****g edible.” Amber practically squealed out.

 

“He is not hot, definitely not edible.” Jessie straightened her shoulders and turned around to walk away, only to find the topic of conversation in front of her. “Gabriel,” she said surprised, a light pink flushing her cheeks, how could she have missed him getting up and heading towards them. She had to look up to see his face, he was about five inches taller than her. Quickly she took a step back, but he stepped forward as she did so.

 

With a confused expression she looked away from him and then back to him, his hazel eyes bore into hers; her stomach flipped, the butterflies that she thought were gone forever suddenly reappeared. Her eyes closed briefly. What was going on? She was not supposed to feel like this, this feeling of raw nerves was not supposed to reappear. She took another step back, but like she figured he would, he took the step forward, mimicking her movements like he had so many times before. Before she knew it, her back was pressed against the wall, his body only a foot away from her.

 

“What… what are you doing?” she questioned, her eyes flickering up to meet his, they showed triumph. Slowly he leaned in towards her, his body now only inches away from hers, the heat between their body like the sun. This wasn’t supposed to be happening, she thought. He was supposed to be gone, out of my life, out of my mind. I shouldn’t want those lips on mine. Wait… What?! No. But her body told her otherwise, her stomach flipped and her hands moved to his arms.

 

Once he realized this he slipped his hands into hers and brought them over her head, pinning her to the wall, his body pressed against her slightly. She licked her lips, eyes fluttering to look at his lips. And then he tilted his head and moved closer to hers. Her breath got caught in her throat; he came closer and his lips only centimeters from hers when he moved forward only to have his lips near her ear.

 

“Jessie.” His voice practically purred out. Her eyes slid close, her fingers clenched, making her finger nails dig into his hand, as she realized what had happened. He smirked, “I knew you always kept your nails long for a reason.” His breath was hot on her ear and for a brief moment she forgot that she was supposed to hate him. Her eyes flashed open when she felt slight moisture on the lobe of her ear. “I can be hot,” he whispered to her, nipping once more at her ear, “I just choose not to.” He finished as he pulled away from her placing a single butterfly kiss on the corner of her lips.

 

He walked away, leaving her standing against the wall breathless. And as if nothing happened he slid back onto the bench, slipped his headphones on and laid back down, a small smirk on his lips.

 

Amber's eyes followed Gabriel back to his spot on the bench and then they shifted to Jason, who through the whole scene had been looking to the sky in what looked like amusement. Amber, just slightly confused with the always spacey Jason, shifted her attention to Jessie. She stood there, with her back against the wall, her fingers resting at the corner of her lips and a dazed expression on her features.

 

"Jason." Amber called to him, without looking at him to see if he was even paying attention to her. "I seriously need to find out what is wrong with that girl!"

© 2010 Cotton Ball


Author's Note

Cotton Ball
A.N. I know it was short, my friend told me the general idea of this one day and I just thought it was so great. If I thought I could I’d write out a story for it, but try as I might nothing comes to me.
Oh and I don’t own Converse.
~CB

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

oh my dear god i freaking love this!!!! U r brilliant!! BTW,
Senseless whatever, i have to disagree with you this once.
I thought the incident itself portrayed her personality perfectly. the way she talked and the way she reacted, and the thoughts going through her head. great.
:) why not turn this into a book? it had an Electrifying beginning!

I got just one piece of advice. describe the scene a little more. like when you're talking about Jason, and his looking up at the sky, add, standing next to the water cooler or something. when you give your readers a little description they can form the surroundings well enough. just make sure to give that little.

PLease make this a book or a swear I will !!! (Ill ask you first :P )
lol...just keep writing. you have talent.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Sweet. I knew that guy, think I had to kick his a*s once for scamming on my sister tho.
Great piece. I would suggest focus on the one character and develop her first, quirks, likes and such then fill in around her.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Haha the end really got me. I loved this piece. It was short yet it made my cheeks turn pink. Haha I really liked this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I think I grew up with that guy..and you really should own converse :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


i lob it! =o

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 19, 2010
Last Updated on January 19, 2010

Author

Cotton Ball
Cotton Ball

CA



About
Hi! I'm Cotton Ball (CB for short) or you could call me by my names' nickname, Les. I've started plenty of short stories, but hardly any of them have been finished. Even when I try to write a one.. more..

Writing
Losing It Losing It

A Story by Cotton Ball



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..