Finding Confidence in the Keys

Finding Confidence in the Keys

A Story by Courtney

Looking out at the crowd, my heart begins to flutter. I search to find a familiar face in the sea of the unknown. All alone and vulnerable I look to the piano and see the caring smile of the elderly woman behind the keys. The first note she plays, and my heart begins to beat faster. Faster, faster, fasterfasterfaster! Here it comes. My entrance. I try to block out the feeling of being watched as the familiar tune on the piano is nearing it's end. I open my mouth and out comes the first note. As the piano dies, I continue living, breathing, singing. I can do this, I think, as my eyes meet with my mother's. I see pride and joy and love reflected back at me, giving me the confidence to keep going. Here it comes. My exit. I reach for the stars and belt it out, knowing that I have done a good job as the crowd rises to it's feet. I stand there with a  large grin on my face. My sister rushes to the stage, bouquet in hand, as the crowd gets louder yet. I take a bow and feel invincible. As I look back up I notice that I'm looking at my bedroom ceiling. Only a dream...

© 2012 Courtney


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I thought so ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a wonderful story and being a musician I can relate wholeheartedly to this write. Excellent Job!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 16, 2012
Last Updated on February 16, 2012

Author

Courtney
Courtney

West Lafayette, IN



Writing
Distance Distance

A Poem by Courtney


Rise Again Rise Again

A Poem by Courtney