Alone

Alone

A Story by CRP

Solita crouched low to the ground as another round object plummeted from the steel dragon. Her entire body shook by the tremendous force that was created when, Solita assumed, the object hit the ground. She whipped her head around, scanning the area before she remembered. She no longer needed to check if those around her were okay. After all, she was all alone now. Everyone else had left. When Cecilia had tried to take her away with her and the others, she had snorted at the idea. But now ... maybe she should have taken the offer. It felt so strange with no one around. Being alone and yet still feeling the chaos as object after object plummeted down.

After a moment to allow the ground to resettle, Solita took off into the air once again with a thrust of her wings, putting a good twenty feet between her and the ground. Flying too high would be a risk - getting spotted could easily mean death. Or being taken away to wherever those steel dragons flew off to, which no one really knew. Once one was taken away, they never came back, so she didn't quite know what would happen if she got taken.

One thing she was sure on though, the new dragons ... they weren't real. Had she not seen for herself a tiny creature crawl out of the head one, who was name Parodia, she wouldn't have believed it herself. It was an accident finding out, she had been searching for Cecilia in their game of hide-and-seek when she saw the Parodia land. She was one of the new dragons that had arrived around twenty-five years ago. No one knew where they came from, but since they were peacefully and super friendly, they were welcomed, even though their scales were strange (they made a ting sound when hit; they later explained it as "steel" scales). Anyways, back to the accident. So, Solita was naturally curious as to what was going on. She didn't know what was going through her head but she decided to watch what would happen. The tiny creature went and killed an even tinier creature - an innocent little bunny.

After consuming its kill, the creature went back to Parodia and, well... opened her. It lifted a hatch in Parodia's side and pushed in its leftover bunny. It then proceeded to close the hatch and open a new one in her head that it climbed in her. Solita had never been as horrified and felt as betrayed as she had been then.

She went to tell the rest about what she had discovered. They didn't believe the account at first, but after consulting with one of the steel dragons ... they didn't really have much choice. The Steel denied it in the beginning, but then seemed to make a 360 round about and confessed. Seconds after, all the Steels began to attack, as if planned. But they couldn't have known that their secret was out. How could they? They wouldn't have been able to spread the word so quickly, yet they all seemed to know. That was the part that most confused her.

Not too long after, the Steels started to drop the round objects that shook the ground. Solita's family had has good as abandoned her, leaving her alone to face the enemy. She couldn't even believe their reasoning. Maybe it's better somewhere else? Please. If the Steels took over their native land, they could just as easily take over anywhere they went for protection. She wasn't about to put all of her faith into something as flimsy as that. No way. She had to think of another way. So she did.

No, it wasn't one of her best ideas. However, she didn't really have a choice. Not any good ones anyway. That left her where she was, flying to her enemies with fear clouding her eyes.

No choice, she thought. No choice. I must push them away from here. I must be able to bring my family back. Even if my plan is to just face them straight on, I still have a chance. A slim one yes, but still a chance. It's better than nothing.

© 2014 CRP


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on February 22, 2014
Last Updated on February 22, 2014
Tags: story, fantasy

Author

CRP
CRP

Writing
Pool Party Pool Party

A Poem by CRP


Wound Wound

A Poem by CRP


The Fight Begins The Fight Begins

A Story by CRP