"I don't need to be saved"

"I don't need to be saved"

A Story by Lou Moynie
"

So here is a little writing assignment I found from november 2011. It probably has one or two little typos I missed, but otherwise, I put this up so everyone can get a taste of how I write I guess.

"

November, 28, 2011


                                              “I don’t need to be saved”


White. So much white. 


This was all she saw as she slowly cracked open her eyes and squinted.  

Dazed, she sat up in the bed she was in and looked around the room. 

White padded walls surrounded her, the floor was white, the small desk on one side of the room was white, as was it’s chair. Everything was white. 


Everything. 

Except for the wall window covering the north wall of what she thought of as her new prison. 


When she heard footsteps somewhere outside her room she jumped out of her bed and ran to the window. “Hello? Is anybody there?” she said as she slammed her fist on the glass. 


As if from a hidden intercom, a male voice spoke; “Hello, Skyler”


She screamed. “Why am I here?” She swayed. “And why am I dizzy? What the hell have you given me?” she screeched. 


“Only a mild tranquilizer miss.Sinclair” “which is apparently wearing off” he said, as if speaking to himself. “It would be better for you, if you calmed down” he continued in his clinical voice. “One of our female representatives has agreed to meet with you. Studies have shown that humans are more comfortable around there own sexe. She will arrive in a few minutes.” 


A soft click and Sky was alone again.


She slid down the window, sat down, and laid her head in her hands then softly sobbed. 


She couldn’t completely remember how she had gotten here. All she had right now were these brief flashes of memories. She felt her mother Margaret’s calming presence as she was delicately brushing through her hair. 


Then in the next flash all she can remember after that is hearing her mother’s scream. Feeling broken into a million pieces as her eyes found her mother’s body twisted, like nothing more than a kitchen rag.


Blood, there was so much blood. 


She remembers watching as her mother’s blood spread on the kitchen floor. Turning the once pearly white floor a dark scarlet shade. For what seemed like forever she just sat there. In the scarlet river. Holding on to her mother’s stone cold body.


Nothing mattered, not anymore.


It seemed impossible, but she could have sworn she’d heard laughter in her mind. A male laugh. Dark. Cruel. Playful. Those are the words that described it. The voice toyed with her, making her scream “GET OUT OF MY HEAD NOW!”  Which only amused it even more.


Someone must have called the police, because she could hear obnoxiously loud police sirens blasting closer and closer to her home and felt these words lazily drift through her mind;“…till next time Skye…” .


Strangers filled her childhood home, she remembers arms trying to grab her, to take her away, from what was left of her mother. But she wouldn’t let go, of what was most precious to her. Sensing her mother being ripped away from her had brought out an unfamiliar side of her. She kicked and screamed and scratched at whoever was containing her. She was either too far gone or just didn’t care anymore about the screams of agony coming from the officer trying to keep ahold of her. Then their had been a sharp sting in her arm, and she had looked for a brief second as clear white liquid was slowly leaving a syringe and pumping straight into her arm then-“Skyler? Skyler Sinclair, snap out of it”


A soft touch on her back startled her.


She lifted her head up. “Who are you?” she said softly.

“Skyler, Skye? May I call you Skye?” 

“No, you may not, you have not right.” Skye was the nickname Margaret had given her, and only she, did Skye allow to use it. No one else.

“Alright, fine, Skyler.” The pretty woman in a lab coat continued “My name is Dr. Ari Gold, and you may call me Ms. Gold.”

“Ok” Sky sighed impatiently “Ms. Gold, who are you exactly? Where am I? When did I get here? How did I get here? And finally, when can I leave?”


As if talking to a child, Ms.Gold answered; “As I have just told you, my name is Dr.Ari Gold, I am one of several of the doctors assigned to patients here at SunnyBrook State Mental Institution and am assigned to you. To also answer your last questions, you have been here for four days, Skyler, We had need to bring you here after the little stunt you almost managed to pull at your mother’s crime scene-“ 


Growing a bit of a temper, Skye asked. “What is it you are saying I tried to do?” 


“Skyler, you assaulted a police officer, he was trying to pull you from your mother when you almost killed him. He is in the intense care unit at the local hospital.” “We could not reach you through talking, you were too far gone.” She continued. “This shows signs of more then simple PTSD.” Getting up from her chair she said, with finality in her tone; “When you have learned all that you need to control your episodes, we will consider letting you go, but not right now. The world isn’t ready for you, and you aren’t ready for it.”


With the soft click clack of her heels on the linolieum floor and with the screeching sound of a door being opened and closed she left.


Alone again she stood up and started pacing, then stopped.


There was a man standing in front of her. He was tall, had silver hair, was all in black, and was pale.


“Who are you? How’d you get in here?” she asked, shocked.


“Well I, my little human, am a demon, but what matters is, that your finally alone”


Petrified and speechless couldn’t describe how she felt. It was the voice of her nightmares.


“And that now I can feed” he screamed.


His long black trench coat swooshed as he took a few steps towards her. He passed the back of his hand over her face, as if trying to sense something.


“Your greatest fear…” He chuckled. “…Is to drown.”


He raised his arms up. Then she felt it. Her feet were damp. She looked down. 


Water was filling the room at an impossible state. In a matter of seconds, Skye was waist deep in water.


She begged and screamed; “No!...please…No!” 


The demon only grinned. 


The water was soon well over her head, she could see the demon now on the other side of her room’s window grinning and waiting.


She tried to open the door, tried banging on the window, as if anyone could hear her, maybe save her. 


Her lungs felt like they were exploding, she wasn’t getting any oxygen, she was drowning.


She tried the door, banged on the window, she struggled one last time and the last thing she heard, was the demon’s roaring laughter in her ear.


Then she was simply gone.


(c) 2011 Lou Moynie






















© 2013 Lou Moynie


Author's Note

Lou Moynie
this was a writing assignment where I was forced to write under a limit of a certain number of words, so im sorry if it seems rushed, or if some of the passages aren't as expanded as they could be. Also I wanted to add that I was inspired to write this story on the demon of fear in the show Charmed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on January 1, 2013
Last Updated on January 1, 2013
Tags: Demons Fiction Fantasy Horror

Author

Lou Moynie
Lou Moynie

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
I don't know if I'll become serious about this, but I have so much going on in that head of mine... that I thought, why not write it all down? I'm slowly working on a novel... Im currently working on .. more..

Writing
Meeting Meeting

A Chapter by Lou Moynie